Chapter 27: Grandma's Stories

Chapter 27

Riku's POV

"When we grow up, let's get off this island. We'll go on real adventures, not any of this kid stuff!"

"Hey, that sounds fun! What do you say, Sora?" Piri asked him. She put her hand in the middle and I put my had on top of hers, soon Sora joined in.

"Sure! But until then, what are we going to do now?"

"Let's go meet that new girl! The one staying with the mayor!" Piri said.

"Oh yeah!" Sora and Piri walked off and I stopped walking without them noticing. I turned around to see the image of a keyhole faintly glowing on the door.

I was crouched over, panting for air, feeling pain were my heart was.

"It was reckless to bring her here without at least using a vessel. Remember, relying too heavily on the darkness could cost you your heart." Maleficent said and we heard a loud roar outside. "A castaway. Though, his world perished, his heart did not. When we took the princess from his castle, he apparently followed her through sheer force of will. But fear not. No harm will come to you. He is no match for your power." she said.

"My power?" I asked.

"Yes, the untapped power that lies in within you. Now, child, it's time you awaken that power and realized your full potential."

I placed a hand on my chest. I love Piri... but was that love too much for either of us to handle?

khkhkh

Piri's POV

We got to the first district of Traverse Town, greeted by Serah.

"Hey guys! Did you get any info about Lightning?"

We all looked to the ground. I sighed and looked at her. "Serah, why did she leave in the first place?"

"She said she was after Maleficent. When the worlds became connected, she left. Why? Did something happen?"

"She..." Sora trailed off.

"Serah, I'm sorry..." I said and she shook her head like she knew what I was going to say. "She lost her heart fighting Maleficent."

"No..." she took out a survival knife, Light's survival knife. "Light... ning..." she hugged me and sobbed into my shoulder. This felt like something tore out my heart. "LIGHTNING!" I looked over to the guys and motioned them to come give her a hug.

"Don't worry, Serah." Sora hugged her.

"It's going to be okay..." Goofy tried to comfort her too.

"Yeah, we'll stop that witch for good!" Donald said and she looked at each of us.

She sadly smiled with a tears going down her face, "Thanks for being there for me, guys..." she dug through her purse and handed me a gummi block. "I found this in the fourth district. You should come and check it out sometime. Please find her and bring her home."