Chapter 12: Love and Jealousy

CHAPTER 12

Piri's POV

I walked out of Merlin's house and back to third district. Then, these two soldier heartless in front of me. They jumped at mme before I could summon my keyblade. I closed my eyes forcefully until I heard a hissing sound, then, silence. I didn't open my eyes automatically. but they shot open once I heard a familiar voice.

"There you are, lovebug!" said the person. Tears welling up in my eyes. I looked to see it was Riku, but how could I be sure?

"Ri-Riku, I-is that really you? Not a dream or an internal torment?" I asked and he laughed at me. He held out his arms out for me, gesturing for a hug.

"Come and find out." he said. It was him!

"Riku!" I tackle him into a hug. "I'm glad you're here!" I suddenly worried about him, "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" I pushed my hand against his forehead, "Are you dizzy?"

"Lovebug, I'm-"

"How about your stomach? Any rumbling feelings?"

"Piri, I'm fine!" he tilted my chin up.

"But-"

"I said I'm alright. No harm done... right?" I grinned and hug him again.

"I'm glad you're okay," I mean he was still taller than me- I tip-toed to kiss him. When he kissed back, I felt so much weight being lifted off me. I truly believed I was in heaven.

"Piri!" Sora called. We broke apart just as Sora, Donald, and Goofy showed up. "There you a- Riku!" he ran up to him and kinda pulled on his face to see if he was real. I snickered at this.

"Hey! Cut it out!" he swatted his hands away.

"I'm not dreaming this, right?" Sora asked.

I throw my arms around Riku's arm, grinning. "His really here, Sora!"

"Riku!" Sora said with joy. But then he gasped. "Wait! Where's Kairi?"

"She isn't with you?" Shit. Kairi was still out there by herself? What was she supposed to do if she ran into any heartless? "Well, don't worry. I'm sure she made it off the island, too. We're finally free. Hey, maybe she's looking for us now!"

"In that case, we need to find her!" I said, "We'll be together, all four of us!"

"Yeah. You just leave everything to me. I know this-" We both heard a hiss from behind Riku and seen Sora killed a heartless.

"Leave it to who, now?" he said with a smug voice.

"Show off!" I rolled my eyes.

"Sora, what did you-?" he was interrupted by none other than the show off.

""We've been looking for you and Kairi, too, with there help," he explained.

"Who are they?"

"Ahem. My name is-"

"We've visited so many worlds, looking for you!" Donald grumbled when I stopped him.

"Really? Well, what do you know... I never would have guessed." I raised my eyebrows at this. What did he mean by that?

"Oh, guess what! Sora and Piri are keyblade masters." Goofy said and I shook my head.

"keyblade wielders!" I corrected, "We still need to take the Mark of Mastery exam in order to become real masters. Don't take that term lightly!" I said and they nodded.

"So this is a keyblade?" Riku asked, holding up the Kingdom Key. How did he...?

"Hey! Give that back." Sora demanded and went to grab it, but Riku jumped back, causing Sora to fall on his face. Riku held it above his head and examined it.

"Catch!" Riku tossed it back to him.

"Are you coming with us?" I giggled, "It will be fun! Plus, you get to see other worlds, too!"

"Got this awesome rocket. Wait 'til you see it!" Sora said, excitedly. I grinned until I seen Riku's eyes. It was full of, not only anger, but jealousy... pure jealousy. Was I the only one seeing this?

"Forget it!" Donald said.

"Oh, come on! He's our friend!" Sora whined.

"I don't care!" Donald said.

"Well I do!" I stated, getting irritated by the minute, "If he's not coming with, I'm not taking another step!"

"He's gone!" Goofy said. I turned around and saw Riku has indeed disappeared.

"Not again! Riku? Riku, where are you? RIKU!" I cried out but he didn't answer. I sighed and looked to the ground, tears hitting the ground. Why did he leave?

"Nice going!" Sora said to Donald before running to comfort me, "Hey! Don't cry, sis!"

I glared at him, "I'm not crying! I'm just happy he's not hurt or anything." I walked passed him, "Besides, Maybe if I were to believe we'll see him again, maybe a miracle will happen, right?"

"Yeah!" Sora put his hands behind his head, "Hey, maybe we'll run into Kairi soon!" I giggled at this.

"I knew you would say that!" I turned to him. He wasn't blushing but I was going to, "And maybe she'll share the Paopu Fruit with you!" he gulped and blushed, nervously laughing.

Amara come out of my shadow and jumped into my arms. Her eyes were full of worry.

I rubbed behind one of her antennas, "It's okay, Amara." she hugged me like a little child. As I hugged back, I said, "We'll find Kairi, Riku, and your heart, that's a promise I won't break."

"Let's go to Leon's house." Donald said and we did so.

They told us how a witch named Maleficent had used heartless to overrun and destroy their world. Maleficent was the exact same witch who used Terra to take Princess Aurora's light! Even after, she tried to kill me and Aqua- AS A DRAGON! I growled at the thought of her and Sora toke notice. He held my hand and smiled, trying to make me feel better.

khkhkh

Riku's POV

I watched as my so called "Best Friend" held Piri's hand. Maleficent was right; Sora trying to steal her from me.

"You see? Just as told you, while you toiled away to find your dear friend and the girl you treasure, they simply replaced you with new friends. Evidently, they value them more than they do you. You're better off without tthat wretched boy and that troublesome girl." she told me.

"That 'troublesome girl' has a name! Piri is mine and I'm hers. She would never replace me!" I snapped at her.

"Oh? You have that much faith in her?" I nodded without delay, "Come with me. I can help find what you're looking for."

I looked back at them, "I know you won't replace me. And I know you consider him family. But Sora thinks of you more than friends... he loves you. I'll get you for this, Sora."