Chapter 18: Being a Princess

A/N So here's another chapter. I just realized Piri's Grandma has the same name of Riku's mom, but they are different people... trust me!

CHAPTER 18

Piri's POV

Jasmine was still unconscious and I could hear sounds of Sora's battle with the Genie Jafar. I was still upset that Sora told me to stay put. I was angry at him, but I understood too. After I got over it was like I was a zombie. Amara even tried to comfort me and sat on my lap. I was petting behind her antenna, knowing she loves it.

"I still don't understand why mom choose me, Amara..." I said and she hugged me, which said that she was understanding what I was saying.

"Your mom choose you for what?" a voice asked. I snapped straight up and turned around with Amara in my arms. It was Riku!

khkhkh

Riku's POV

The heartless, name of Amara I guess, in her arms jumped In of them and disappeared into her shadow. I saw the state Piri was in. Her clothes were covered in sand dust, her hair was slightly messy, but what really hurt me was look on her face. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy. Had Sora done something to make her upset?

"Riku!" she exclaimed. She started to cry again. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same to me. What's happened between them?

"What's the matter? Did you and Sora have a fight?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No. It's just that... I'm useless..." she choked out.

"What? Lovebug, you're not useless! Not to me, anyway!" I sincerely kissed her forehead. She looked up and smiled, but it was fake. I frowned, "Did... Sora say you-"

I was interrupted by a big boom and a quake. It caused Piri to slip out of my grasp and fall toward an ocean of lava below.

"Piri!" I reached out for her hand.

"Riku!" She screamed, grabbing my hand. I was struggling to lift her up. The heat of the lava was quickly draining my energy. If it was hitting me, then surely it was hitting her. I quickly pull her to safety.

"Riku..." she was barely conscious, "Maleficent is using you... don't believe what she says..." her eyes closed and she was unconscious.

I had to listen to Maleficent. It was the only way to save Kairi. I laid Piri gently on the ground. Amara popped out of the ground and went to her. It looked like it was worried and it looked at me.

"You seem to care about her. Does she care for you?" it nodded and I smiled, "Figured as much... Listen, take care of her. If I figure out you hurt her, I will find you and end you." it trembled but nodded. It's attention turned to Piri. "I'm serious! I'm trusting you with my girl."

I turned my attention to the princess. I grabbed her and hurried back to Hallow Bastion.

khkhkh

Sora's Pov

I managed to hit Iago and he dropped Jafar's lamp.