Chapter 23: Halloween Town

Chapter 24

We arrived at an eerie world. Every turn was a ghoul and ghost. What was this world?

We all had a different attire of clothes and costumes. Sora was a vampire, Goofy was a type of Frankenstein, Donald was a mummy, and I was a cat demon.

I had brown ears and brown tail. I was wearing a small orange cat mask over my right eye. my shirt was purple and orange. the long sleeves were low and the top of the purple base was alined with orange triangles hanging from it. On the purple base was two belts that formed an 'X' and the center of the gray 'X' was a black symbol, which was the same one from my wayfinder. Holding my shirt up was wide one inch straps that were purple with orange linings. My pants matched the color of the belts on my shirt and had on a orange belt to keep them up. For shoes, I had brown combat boots, similar to Lightning's. I also had brown gloves and they had claws, like Sora's white gloves.(a/n: I have a picture up on my DeviantArt. If you can't picture it in your mind, then looked it up on my account. Account is ArchetlyteVilRose.)

"Whoa! Piri, your eyes are glowing!" Sora pointed out, "That's really cool ...but, it's really spooky." I smirked and evily laughed, similar to how Vanitas laughed. How did I do that?

"Knock it off! it's not funny!" Donald growled.

We headed to the town's square where we saw smoke coming from a house. Then, we saw several heartless floating around near the fountain square. We got ready to fight them, but they weren't attacking. I noticed a very strange, short, cone-shaped man with a megaphone.

"And now, allow me to introduce the master of terror, the king of screams- Jack Skellington!" the man proclaimed. The heartless parted in a presenting fashion and a skeletal man slowly rose out of the fountain, striking a pose. "Bravo, Jack! Bravo! Those ghosts will be a big hit at this year's Halloween!"

"Thank you, thank you! But their movement still needs work. It's not scary enough. I want to strike bone-chilling terror! I'm going to consult with the doctor." Jack said. We went after him to find out what the heartless were doing here. We walked into this lab. I noticed heartless laying on the table. "I don't understand. Maybe the guidance system was damaged in the explosion."

"Nonsense. My devices are always perfect!" the doctor exclaimed.

"Oh, I got it! The heartless need a heart! Doctor do you think we can add a heart to that device?" Jack asked.

"Certainly. A heart is not all that complicated. Let's get to work!" I frowned at this; this was completely crazy!

"To make a heart, first take a container with a lock." Jack listed. The doctor took out a heart-shaped container with a lock. I grimaced at it: it didn't look like a glowing orb to me. In fact it was disgusting, more like a... stomach? I got a closer look at it and poked it.

"Hands off!" I jumped back and nervously laughed. He growled at me and turned back to his work. "We need a key to open this thing first!"

"Allow me!" Sora stepped up and pointed the Kingdom Key at it and unlocked it.

"My! That was amazing! Uh, who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Sora. That's Donald and Goofy over. And the girl who poked your... experiment is-"

"Piri, if you please!" I finished his sentence.

"Well done! I'd like you to be in next Halloween, along with your friends, Sora."

"So, what's the heartless doing here?" I asked. Jack explained that he was using them for the Halloween celebration and how he couldn't get them to dance just right. They started working on the heart.

"Sora, we should stop them." I whispered to him, "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Relax, sis. Maybe if they successfully pull this off, we won't have to fight them."

"I know..." I looked over at the two scientists and said, "I just have a bad feeling about this..."

Sora rolled his eyes as the doctor turned on the machine. The heartless sat up at first then it fell back onto the table; it failed. I let out a sigh of relief.

"It failed! Maybe we're missing some ingredients. Let's try adding memory." I widened my eyes as Sora looked at me. I glared at him as I knew what he was thinking.

"Don't you dare..." I whispered softly yet murderously and he gulped.

Sally? Sally!" the doctor called out but no response came. "That good-for-nothing girl! Don't know why I bothered creating her. Sally's got the memory we need. See if you can track her down." the doctor said angrily. If he's not talking about the memories that I can create, which I don't know how to do yet, then what was he talking about? This peaked my curiosity.

"Where do you think she would be?" I asked.

"She might be in the graveyard." That's when the strange man from before came running in towards us.

"Is there something wrong, Mayor?" Jack asked.

"It's the heartless! They're out of control!"

A/N Shortest. Chapter. Ever. I'll make it up to you all ^^