Chapter 8: Cold Hard Evidence

CHAPTER 8

Piri's POV

We entered the Lotus Forest looking for the cat and looked but didn't find him. That's was, until a grinning, floating cat head appeared in front of my face. I screamed and fell on my butt. The cat's head appeared on a tree stump, along with its body standing on it. The body jumped off the head and placed it on its neck. My eye twitched at this.

"Who are you?" Donald asked.

"Who indeed? Poor Alice. Soon to lose her head and isn't guilty of a thing."

"Hey, if you know who the culprit is, tell us!" Sora exclaimed.

"You said it yourself, she isn't guilty of a thing." I pointed out.

"The Cheshire cat has all the answers but doesn't always tell. The answer, the culprit, the cat all lie in darkness." he said.

"What the hell does that mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Before he could answer, he vanished.

"Wait!" Sora yelled.

"They've already left the forest. I won't say which exit," we looked around but didn't see a purple cat, "There are four pieces of evidence in all. The first three are easy to find. But the fourth is tricky. There's a big reward if you find them all."

"Should we trust them?" Donald asked. The cat reappeared briefly.

"To trust, or not to trust? I trust you to decide."

I sighed, "Is everyone in this place crazy?"

"Fortunately, they've gone mad," it said, "And so have I." the cat disappeared.

"Maybe we shouldn't trust him." Sora said, as soon as he was sure the cat disappeared.

"Well, Alice trusts him. So... I trust him." I confidently said, "Let's go find that evidence."

We looked throughout the entire world and found footprints, the scent of darkness, and an antennae- all of them belong to heartless, as we suspected. Now we just needed to find one more. That involved going back to the bizarre room, but a different angle. We went through a different passage and ended up on top of a faucet. That's when we saw the last piece of evidence; Claw marks of a heartless.

"Well, look what you've found! Nice going." The cat reappeared.

"Now we can save Alice!" Sora said.

"Don't be so sure. She may be innocent, but what about you?" the cat asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wondering what he meant.

"I won't tell you," of course... "but I'll give you something," he said, pointing at Sora's keyblade. He was curious on what he did to it. "I give you the blizzard spell."

khkhkh

"Now, show me what you found." the queen demanded and we placed the four boxes in front of her. "Well, that's certainly a lot of evidence, but I'm still not impressed. Cards! Bring forth my evidence!" she demanded and I growled under my breath. An ace of diamonds card placed one box next to ours. The boxes shuffled. ""Hmm, checking all five would be a waste of my time. Choose one you wish to present. I'll decide who's guilty based on that evidence."