Chapter 19: Monstro

Chapter 19

Piri's POV

We were traveling through space and Donald actually taught Soar how to drive the Gummi Ship and let him drive, surprising right? All the while, I kept wondering about Riku and Light.

Something was wrong. Before I passed out, I think he was going to ask me if Sora call me useless. He was there, but also trying to avoid Sora. Then my mind came up with a thought; after I had passed out, Jasmine was gone. Did Riku take her? No, surely not...

And what about Light? Jafar said she was never to awake. Was her heart taken as well? I don't want to take her to Serah like that. I would fail as a cousin and friend.

"What is that?" Donald snapped me out of my thoughts. I peeked out from behind his chair- since it was in front of me- and saw... what was I looking at?

"It's huge, whatever it is." Sora said.

We watched the thing open its mouth as it made its way to us. I got a better look. "It's a Whale!"

"It's Monstro! He's a whale of a whale, and vicious besides!" Jiminy said from Sora's pocket.

"He's gonna eat us! Sora, get us out of here!" I yelled.

"Too late! He's going to shallow us whole!" he cried.

khkhkh

Sora's POV

-flashback-

"It's true! I saw it with my own eyes!" I said to Riku and Piri.

"You sure you didn't just hear it this time?" Riku asked, not believing me.

"What if he did see it, Riku?" Piri said, worriedly.

"What difference does it make? There's a huge monster in there, I tell you!" I exclaimed.

"Alright, suppose it was a monster, think we three can take it?" Riku asked. I looked at him with confidence.

"No problem!" I said and Piri nodded.

"Yeah, let's do it!" as she stepped forward, we heard the thing growl inside. We all jumped and Piri jumped back, hugging Riku. I internally laughed my head off.

"See? Can you hear that growl?"

"Yeah!" she shouted and glared at me.

"Shh, quiet! We've gotta be careful." he scooted Piri behind him and we went through the small mouth of the cave, walking to the other side of it. "See that? It's just the wind making that noise." he told us.

"Aw man! I wish it was a monster." Piri gasped at this.

"Are you crazy? Why on earth would you want that?!"

"You sound scared, Pi..." I pointed out and she straighten out.

"I'm not scared... just, concerned, is all..." she blushed and pouted. Riku laughed, which made her slightly redder.