Chapter 26: We'll Always Be with You

Chapter 26

Piri's POV

"What? So Wendy's not one of the seven?" Hook got my attention by shouting.

"There are seven, supposedly, and Maleficent says isn't one of 'em. Hoist anchor as soon as possible. Leave all died weight behind, including her." Riku said.

"What? After all the trouble of capturing her? And why those seven? What is Maleficent planning, anyway?" Hook questioned.

"As long as it means getting Kairi's heart back, I couldn't care less."

"Hmph. You're wasting your time! The heartless have devoured thay girl's heart. I'll stake me other hand it's lost forever."

"I will find it no matter what."

"What about that girl? Looks more dead than alive to me eyes. Is she mere dead weight?"

"Don't call her that!" Riku snapped. I felt somewhat flattered he wanted me safe but I knew why. He said I'm his. I growled at the thought.

"Uh, Captain..." I heard a voice of his lackey, Smee.

"What?"

"The prisoners have escaped." he must have meant Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Amara! Thank goodness they're okay. "What's more, Peter Pan is with them." I gasped at this.

"Peter?" my hopes raised. Hook seen this and growled.

"Blast that Peter Pan! All right, then! Bring the hostage to me cabin, Smee! Hop to it!" Hook left along with Smee. I watched Riku carefully for any chance of escape. He than turned to me.

"You wanna help find Kairi's heart?" I growled and looked away. He sighed, looking out the window. "I know you might be mad at me for-"

"Oh, you think?" I felt my darkness grow, "You think that was the right thing to do?"

He turned and looked at me with a glare, "Piri, it was the only way to-"

"No, listen here! I'm done with you!" darkness grew more stronger and I rushed out, ignoring the calls of my name from him. Now I had to Sora and Peter.

Riku was running after me, "Piri!"

"Just stay away before I hurt you!" I warned with a glare and he stopped dead in his tracks. I ran away from him as far as possible. He broke that one promise we made when we were six.

"Why do you follow me in the first place? Stop that right now!" I teared up as Riku glared at me. Seeing the tears, his glare soften.

"I'm sorry, I..." I turned from him and cried. "You remind me of someone... I remember his kindness and he would always be there for friends. I hope I can see him again..."

"Pi... I'm sorry..." he placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and hugged him. He pulled away still with my hands on my shoulders, "No, really! I'm sorry... about everything."

I smiled with tears in my eyes, "Don't worry about it. I think it's only fair since you didn't know..."

"I promise never to make you cry again!" he pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into his chest.