Chapter 14: Choices

"Destiny is often jealous of us"

Third Person POV

Yoongi sighed, signalling for Namjoon to follow him as he walked on the path of his office. Namjoon obediently followed, waiting to hear the explanation for what had been happening with his best friend and boss recently.

Once in the office, Yoongi leant against his desk, motioning for Namjoon to take a seat in his chair. This wasn't something Yoongi would usually do so Namjoon felt like this situation was a lot more serious than he had first predicted.

"So, where do you want me to begin?"

"How about from why you didn't kill him?"

Yoongi sighed, raising himself of the desk to pull a bottle of whiskey and two glasses/tumblers from the large cupboard at the bottom of his desk. He poured out two glasses, giving one to Namjoon whilst he started to pace around the room, taking regular sips from the glass.

"Uhhhh, I'll be completely honest with you since you're a good friend..."

Namjoon motioned for Yoongi to continue.

"I would've said that I had no idea why I didn't kill him when really it was for one reason and one reason only. I fell for him."

Namjoon raised his eyebrows slightly, wondering just what Yoongi meant.

"I fell for him right then and there Namjoon. Just from a simple look for fucks sake! I just felt it and I know he felt something too..."

"By...fell, you mean...."

"I fell in love. I fell in love with him Joon. And there was nothing I could do about it."

Namjoon day in silence, observing the elder.

"He seems to care for you too, so why are you both so distant? He didn't speak of you very pleasantly earlier."

"That's my fault. I didn't hide him well enough when I brought him here. They saw him."

Namjoon nodded in understanding, starting to see the real issues popping up.

"So...were you two a thing?"

Yoongi scoffed.

"For about a day. Then, he asked what we were and...I saw it as my way to try and protect him. I let my guard down the day and it ended with an anonymous text coming through saying 'Who's the pretty boy staying with you?' I didn't know what to do so I panicked and broke his heart."

"So, you hurt him to distance yourself?"

"Yes. But, when you live together, it's hard for me to not be near him. Especially when that's all I want."

"You really love him, huh?"

Yoongi gave a small nod, downing the rest of his drink.

"As unbelievable as it sounds, I've never felt anything like it before. Nothing this real."

Namjoon pursed his lips, contemplating whether or not he should voice his next question.

"So, you didn't feel like that for 'Him'?"

Yoongi visibly tensed, freezing in his place.

"Why...did you bring him up so suddenly?"

"I found Jimin in his dance room. He'd gotten in all by himself. The Mochi is quite clever."

Yoongi's eyes widened as he quickly pulled the top draw open, frantically feeling the top for the item he had taped up there.

"This what you're looking for?"