Chapter 46: Wandering Thoughts

'We're flying'

Third Person POV

Jimin sat on his bed, looking out the large window towering above the concrete courtyard. His thoughts were a mess, mixed up by Taemin's words and actions. How could he think straight when the way he saw someone had completely switched in the space of a few hours?

Jimin could feel the tense eyes looking at him from the doorway; their owner leaning against the wooden frame with a harsh stance. He couldn't blame Yoongi for being so intrigued with what had happened; their car journey had been filled with silence. Jimin knew he'd seen how different they had acted after the day together. But he didn't want him to misunderstand. Nothing was going on between them. But, part of him was still unsure of this new feeling he felt.

Finding the stare burning into the side of his head, Jimin decided it was best to at least acknowledge him.

"You going to stand there all day?"

Yoongi gave no response. Instead, he moved towards the chair that sat in the corner near the door so that he was facing Jimin. As their eyes met, Yoongi noticed the slight red tinge to Jimin's eyes, giving away his feelings. Looked like Yoongi wasn't the only one confused with the whole situation.

The air became tense once again, silence took over and neither chose to break its hold. Everyone else was downstairs so they knew they were all alone on the top floor. Just them. But something didn't feel right. Yoongi could feel something off with how Jimin was acting, and Jimin...Jimin could feel a shift in him. Something he wasn't sure about. Something he felt scared by.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?"

Jimin kept his gaze on the window, unsure of how to answer Yoongi's question. That's the thing with being confused. How do people expect you to answer when the answer is exactly what you're confused about? If you knew, then there would be no confusion. Of course, all of this just made everything harder. One wrong move and Jimin could stir things in the wrong direction by accident.

Fiddling with his fingers, Jimin tried to think of how to respond, but only one thing could come to mind.

"Why haven't we had a date?"

Yoongi's eyebrows rose slightly, shocked at the question fired back to him. Jimin had kept his head down looking towards the window, showing that he was uncomfortable with the conversation, so Yoongi tried his best to understand more.

"Jimin...look at me."

Slowly, Jimin's head rose to face him, his tear stained face taking Yoongi's breath away. Even now he looked breathtaking; a new kind a of beautiful. He was a raw kind of beautiful. His imperfections showing as his eyes became swollen along with his cheeks. The red stain on his cheeks outlining each tear that had escaped. His soft lips he was biting to stop himself from sobbing standing out like rose petals on white sheets. He was stunning and real. And that was what Yoongi loved about him. He was pure and open, not keeping anything from him or deceiving him like most people in his life. He was loyal and honest, and most importantly...he was his.

Wanting to comfort his lover, Yoongi rose from his seat to join Jimin on the edge of the bed, his arms pulling him into his chest to give him protection from whatever was hurting him.

"Jimin, we've had dates baby."

Jimin shook his head, mumbling something against Yoongi's shirt. Rubbing his hair, Yoongi tried to understand what he was saying.

"Speak louder, sweetheart."

Jimin pulled out from the embrace slightly, Yoongi's arms remaining around his waist loosely. Wiping his eyes, Jimin looked into Yoongi's concerned eyes.

"Not dates here. We only ever have little meals on the patio or in the courtyard. Or movie dates in the movie room. I mean...in public."

Sighing, Yoongi pulled Jimin back into his embrace.

"You know we can't, sweetheart. If I'm seen out with you on a date, we'd be hunted by members of gangs; mine included."

Jimin stayed quiet for a moment, debating if he should be brave. In the end, he quietly took the risk.

"...Taemin didn't care when he took me out..."

Jimin felt Yoongi's hand halt from its running motion on his back, his arms tensing slightly as the air grew thick once again.

"What...do you mean?"

"Taemin took me to an aquarium...and paid for us to have a meal there near the fish. He even got me a plushie of my favourite fish...and not once was he worried about people seeing us."

Yoongi sighed once again. Their relationship was never going to be easy. He knew that. But this was getting under his skin.

"So, he took you on a business trip?"

Jimin shook his head, keeping his face buried in Yoongi's chest.

"He called it a...date."

Now Yoongi was furious. How dare he? With his Jimin! He would pay dearly for it. But he would deal with that later.

"That bastard. You're not going back to see him anymore."

Jimin quickly pushed himself away from Yoongi's chest, shocked at Yoongi's words.

"What do you mean 'not going back anymore'? You can't make that decision."

Yoongi looked at Jimin in defensive manner, unsure of why Jimin was arguing with his decision to protect him.

"And why not?"

"Because I want to see him!"

Silence took over once again along with shock on both of their faces. Neither believe what had come from Jimin's mouth. He never meant to say it, and yet he couldn't say it was a lie. He did want to see him, he just didn't know why.

Yoongi ran his hand down his face, becoming frustrated with the situation.

"Jimin, can't you see I'm trying to protect you? That man's evil."

Jimin scoffed, finding his accusation no longer accurate.

"Oh yeah, because all evil geniuses take their victims on a date to an aquarium."

Having had enough with the conversation, Jimin arose from the bed, wanting to leave. However, Yoongi's hand pulling him back into his lap stopped his tracks.

"Jimin, sweetheart, listen to me. He's dangerous and manipulative. All that he did and said today was to get into your head. He's bad news, and I don't want you to get hurt. I...don't want to lose you."

Jimin tried to calm himself down, seeing the genuine feeling in Yoongi's words. They were a mess. And over such little things. But, part of him knew that it wasn't because they were a bad pair. It was because they cared about each other so much, making them both over protective. And now, it was his turn to calm the tension in the room.

Placing his hand on Yoongi's cheek softly, Jimin leaned against his chest, allowing himself to sink into the embrace.

"You won't lose me. And...you're right. I need to be more careful. I...wasn't sure what was going on. I mean, I was so confused on everything that had happened today. I didn't...I didn't know what to think."

Yoongi remained silent, holding Jimin close on his lap. He could feel Jimin moving to look up at him, waiting for a response of some sort. Instead, Yoongi decided it was best he helped clear Jimin's mind.

Grabbing Jimin's chin, Yoongi kissed Jimin passionately, surprising him slightly. Jimin wasn't expecting him to respond in that way but he wasn't complaining. All day while he was on his 'date', he was thinking about Yoongi and how he couldn't wait to be back in his arms. Of course, he may have been a little distracted, but he never lost the feeling of wanting to be with him.

Feeling Yoongi's hands roaming, Jimin moved to straddle Yoongi's lap on the bed, letting him have better access to all of him...

(A/N: Saw Bring The Soul today and it's safe to say I cried for at least half of it)