Chapter 43: Finding Messages

'You just have to leave it'

Third Person POV

It had nearly been a week since the failed mission had occurred, meaning that Taemin would be expecting Jimin to return to him soon. No words on the matter had been exchanged in the house over the past few days, everyone too busy focusing on helping Jin instead. He was fortunately recovering quickly which meant that he was able to have more independence now but, with the lack of distraction in the house now forming, Jimin knew that new fiery conversations would emerge soon.

He sighed as he sat on the bench in the courtyard, the warm breeze offering little comfort to his troubled mind. No matter which point of view he chose, he could only see fights and arguments as the outcome. He knew what he wanted to do, but convincing Yoongi would be the hardest battle he would have to face. Jimin knew how stubborn he was, especially when it came to protecting him, which was why he needed to convince him that he wanted to do this wholeheartedly and not because he felt like he had to. The only issue was how he could do that.

Feeling his head becoming light, Jimin relaxed into the wooden bench, his head falling backwards to rest lightly against the brick wall behind him. The sun slowly began to heat his skin with small kisses and the wind warmly caressed his face and hair. The courtyard was his favourite place for coming to relax. It was full of nature and wasn't a cage like as the rest of the house. It offered him an escape through his senses whenever he needed it most.

He stayed in this position for a few moments, letting his body relax under the warm sun. However, something was off. Jimin had sat in the garden many times and heard all the different sounds that it had to offer, but today there was something he didn't recognise. A sound of scraping could be heard near him, as if something was trying to dig their way into the garden through the large brick walls.

Taking caution, Jimin rose from the wooden seat, his hand slowly pulling out his pistol from its holster. He has adopted the habit of keeping a gun on him at all times after the mission last week, knowing that it gave both him and Yoongi a peace of mind that he could defend himself if needed.

The sound grew louder as Jimin walked closer to the gate at the bottom of the courtyard, his heartbeat increasing with each step he took. There was most definitely something on the over side of the gate but Jimin wasn't quite sure if he wanted to know just what yet.

As he reached the gate, Jimin held his breath, his hand shakily moving towards the handle. Taking a deep breath, he slowly turned the handle, ready to push the gate open to reveal the cause of the unnerving sound. However, before the door could be opened, the sound stopped. Jimin halted, listening carefully for any other sounds but everything was quiet. The silence remained for a few seconds, tension building before an item was thrown over the wall. Shocked at the item, Jimin moved out the way, hearing a loud smash behind him.

Turning around once again, a broken glass bottle now lay on the floor in front of him. Laying in the scattered remnants of the bottle was a piece of paper with Jimin's name labelled on it. Jimin knew he'd have to see what the letter was sooner or later so he carefully picked it up, slowly dusting off the shattered glass. Opening up the paper, Jimin was met with a chilling message written in messy handwriting.

I've missed you cutie, hope you've remembered your promise. I'll be expecting you at the club at 9am tomorrow. Don't be late.

Knowing already who the message was from, Jimin became infuriated, yanking the gate open harshly so that he could face Taemin on the over side of the wall. But, once outside he was met with no one. The open forest area around the house showed no sign of anyone being there at all. At least, that was until Jimin turned around.

Jimin's eyes widened with horror as he faced the sight in front of him. The white brick wall was covered with a carving reading 'I'll be back' with a red stain making it prominent. Jimin didn't have to guess what had been used as a stain as he looked towards the forest edge, spotting a slaughtered deer laying in a pool of its own blood. The sight made Jimin feel sick.

Wanting to get away from it all as quickly as possible, Jimin stumbled into the courtyard, shutting the gate hurriedly before making his way into the house as fast as he could, the note clenched in his fist. Yanking the door open, Jimin fell into the house, the door slamming behind him as he sat on the floor trying to catch his breath. He knew he would have to face Taemin soon and that didn't bother him, but the fact that his home was no longer protected panicked him. It wasn't just his life at risk. What if any of the others were attacked at the house? What if...Jennie was? He knew he would have to see Taemin this week, but this had just made his decision definite, no matter what Yoongi says.

Trying to calm himself down, Jimin took deep breaths, allowing himself to lose himself in his surroundings.

"Jimin?"

Opening his eyes, Jimin was met with Yoongi's worried face as he stood in the kitchen doorway. Jimin instantly relaxed, feeling the comfort that always seemed to follow whenever he saw Yoongi. Seeing Jimin's pale and sweating figure, Yoongi carefully helped him up, becoming surprised as Jimin instantly pulled him into a tight hug. Yoongi hugged him back, holding him tight as he calmly rubbed his back, trying to figure out just what had upset his lover so much.

"Jimin...what's wrong, baby?"

Jimin breathed heavily against Yoongi's neck as he took in the warmth of Yoongi's hold. He needed it to help him build up the courage to protect his family.

Unable to talk, Jimin passed the note to Yoongi, turning in his hold so that he could rest against his chest as he read the note. Yoongi's face was cold and harsh as he read the scruffy writing making Jimin feel nervous but he had to keep going.

"There's...more."

Yoongi turned his head to look at Jimin, unsure of what he meant. Finding it better to show him instead of tell him, Jimin grabbed Yoongi's hand lightly to drag him out of the house. The pair walked across the courtyard, both carefully walking over the broken glass at the gate as Yoongi placed the pieces together, towards the gate. Halting slightly, Jimin slowly opened the door, keeping Yoongi close to him as they walked out to the opening.

Yoongi was confused as to what Jimin was trying to show him until Jimin turned him towards the white wall. His stomach flipped as he read the message and took note of the red liquid used to highlight the words. He knew that Jimin and the family wasn't safe anymore at the house meaning that there was only one thing that could be done.

"I...want to go...and visit Taemin...like he wanted me to..."

"Okay."

Jimin looked at Yoongi in surprise as he waited for a large argument to follow. However, no such argument followed. Instead, Yoongi held Jimin in his hold, placing a kiss on his forehead gently to calm him down. Silence took over them as they enjoyed the bliss of the embrace that always seemed to block out all problems. They stayed there in silence for a few moments until Yoongi broke the silence.

"I fancy a bath. Want to join me, baby?"