Chapter 42: Opening Wounds

'I don't want to let go - no'

Third Person POV
(Trigger warning - attempted sexual assault mentioned)

Tae, Jungkook and Jimin rushed up the flights of stairs, Jimin clutching onto Jennie to stop her from wiggling out of his grasp. They needed to get to Jin. They needed to see that he was okay.

The sound of their manic footsteps echoed through the large house as they ran into the guest room to see Jin now sitting up in the bed. Namjoon was sat next to him, holding his hand and making sure he was okay whilst Yoongi stood near the other side, trying to see if he could help in anyway.

"Jin!"

The trio shouted at the elder, startling everyone slightly. Jin gave a weak smile as they came over to the bed to see him. Jimin quickly passed over a wriggling Jennie, eager to be with her mother.

"I think someone's missed you."

Jin smiled as he kissed his daughter's forehead, Namjoon leaning over to cradle the pair in his arms lightly. Everyone took a moment to enjoy the scene before having to ask all the questions that they were dreading. Jin had been through so much and you could just tell from his appearance. But they needed to know who did this to him so that they could understand who they were going against.

Yoongi was the one to break the moment after receiving a small nod from Namjoon for him to start asking Jin questions. He gave a small cough to grab everyone's attention before starting.

"Jin, I know it's hard but...could you maybe tell us what happened?"

The room fell silent awaiting for Jin to respond. The seconds felt like hours but no one cared. They all knew that no matter what, Jin should take his time since it was such a delicate situation. But still, Jin seemed ready to talk pretty soon.

Pulling Jennie down slightly to sit her on his legs, allowing her to cuddle into his chest as she slowly began to drift off, Jin looked at Yoongi.

"I can tell you everything that I can remember. But...please bare with me."

Yoongi gave Jin a nod in agreement as Jin prepared himself to relive those memories.

"Okay...well, to start with let's talk about how I got separated from Jimin."

Jimin tensed slightly, feeling uneasy about hearing how one fateful moment may have led to Jin being in this situation.

"When we were at the bar, I noticed someone stood in the corner of the room. At first, I didn't think anything to it...but then something made me keep looking at them. I didn't know what it was at first...but then I saw their face. Then it all made sense. I recognised them. I...knew them."

"How exactly did you know them?"

Namjoon side-eyed Yoongi because of his lack of patience but Jin just squeezed his hands in reassurance, letting him know that he was fine answering their questions.

"He was someone from my past. Someone I wished I would never see again..."

Namjoon was the one to tense this time, starting to worry if it truly was who he was thinking. If it wasn't then Namjoon would just deal with whoever it was as he would usually, but...if it was them, then that would change things.

Jin took a deep breath, calming his heart as it started to race. He couldn't let him have this affect on him again, he wouldn't.

"I knew him when I was growing up. We were both kids from a gang in our town and did everything together. We trained together, lived together and even carried out small crimes together. Just small jobs like pickpocketing and stealing cars. We were always close and as we reached 16...we became even closer..."