Chapter 28: Rain Clouds

'Here to see you'

Third Person POV

The ride home was quiet, Jimin feeling unsure on how to address the suffocating tension between the two of them. He felt guilty for listening in on something so personal. Something that was obviously not meant for him to hear but he couldn't help the fact that he woke up at a bad time. And he could tell that Chae had to get it off her chest so interrupting would have been even worse.

He was pretty sure no one had noticed his awakening, however Yoongi was now being offishly quiet, his hand remaining on the steering wheel instead of on Jimin's thigh like it had previously. Something wasn't right with him. Well, he had just been told some heartbreaking news, but something was wrong with him and it linked to Jimin. He could tell. Yoongi wouldn't even look at him as he sped down the half empty roads.

Sighing in emotional defeat, Jimin sunk back into the leather seat, trying to find some comfort in it since it didn't look like he would be getting any elsewhere anytime soon. However, even the seats provided little comfort. Within a few moments of getting comfortable, Jimin felt the familiar feeling of someone's eyes on him; the image in the mirror further confirming his suspicions. Sharp eyes watched over him, a concoction of worry and what seemed like anger swirling round in them. Jimin could feel them piercing  through him like daggers, making the car journey even more uncomfortable.

Staring straight back into the mirror, Jimin tried to plea his innocence, finding his stare already harsh. Any conversation after would surely be unpleasant and he was not ready for it. However, the uncertainty of what had caused his lover's sudden coldness was even more unnerving. He wanted to mend whatever had caused this emotional rift between them, no matter what harsh words may be exchanged in the process.

Trying to grab Yoongi's full attention through eye contact, Jimin moved to look at the mirror better. However, Yoongi only rolled his eyes, turning to look back on the road causing anger to fill in Jimin's stomach. Becoming frustrated with the situation, Jimin let out a long sigh before turning in his seat to confront him.

"Okay, now what on earth is wrong with you?"

Yoongi eyed Jimin in the mirror for a second before staring back at the road. Jimin grew even more frustrated.

"Fine, not going to talk? Fair enough."

Jimin sank back into his chair, arms folded as he blankly stared out of the window, rain starting to drizzle down the tinted glass. Finding no other reason to carry on a conversation, Jimin let sleep start to take over him. However, that plan didn't last long as the sudden harsh braking of the sports car caused Jimin to bolt forward in his seat. Feeling the seatbelt tighten against his chest in a sharp tug, Jimin let out a sharp gasp, his back colliding with the seat as he was pulled back into it from the force.

Trying to catch his breath, Jimin looked up and over to the driver's side as he heard the door slam. Yoongi was no longer there and the silence that was once uncomfortable had no become deafening. Jimin tried to look out at the dimly lit outside but was stopped by his door being opened. Yelling in surprise, Jimin tried to move away from the door, only stopping when he saw the figure facing him. Yoongi.

Tears streamed down his face as he leaned down in the door, staring down at Jimin's seat in an emotionless way. Jimin felt slightly unnerved at the sight at first, unsure of what was the cause of the tears, but soon that was replaced with worry. He wanted to comfort Yoongi but something was stopping him, as if Yoongi was telling him that he shouldn't do anything just yet. And so Jimin remained still.

The pair remained this way for a few moments before the tears on Yoongi's cheeks were joined by the cold tears of the sky. And yet, Yoongi seemed no reason to move. He wasn't crying, there were just tears there. And even he was unsure of why. He just felt them come and it scared him. It was an emotion that he hadn't felt since childhood. Worry. Pure worry.