Chapter 3- Guitars

Could this really be happening? I've only known George for a day.. well I've known him for quite a long time but we only properly talked yesterday! What if he doesn't really like me? What if he just did that for fun? Does he do that to everyone? No. He wrote a song for me. Maybe he's sang that to other girls before? Of course not, George isn't like that.

I let my thoughts take over me, I completely forgot I was still in George's arms. We must of been like this for about half an hour now. I didn't care though, I was with George. When I am with George it makes me feel complete. That chunk of me has been filled. He makes me happy, like no one else could. Wow I've only met him yesterday.. this is crazy!

A voice stopped my thoughts,

"Um, Michelle?" George said.

"Yes?"

"You said you played guitar right?"

"Yes, not very well but I like playing. Why?"

"I would love to hear you play. Pleeaase?" he gave me his puppy dog eyes. Oh god I couldn't say no to those eyes.

Oh god, I never play to people. No one. Not even my best friend! No one has ever heard me play. I'm too nervous for people to. What if I play horribly and George just laughs in my face.. and leaves me to think I'm pathetic! Woah, maybe I'm just over reacting. George wouldn't do a thing like that would he?

"Um, I've never played my guitar to anyone.. no one has ever heard me."

"Well I'd love to be the first to hear! I'm sure you are perfect!" he gave me a warm smile. This gave me courage.

"O-Okay." he made a big grin and jumped off the bed. He grabbed his guitar and put it on my lap. He sat closely next me me with his legs crossed. I was feeling really nervous. I shuffled the guitar up to it's position ready to play, I sat there for a few seconds.

"So, what should I play?" I asked.

"Maybe your favourite song? I don't know surprise me!"

I looked down at my guitar and started playing my favourite song, which is obviously by Elvis. I know this song off by heart and I know it like the back of my hand. I surely can't go wrong. I let myself get lost in the music. I never lifted my eyes of the guitar so I have no idea what George would be like. Maybe shocked? Maybe in laughter? He kept quiet though, which made me more nervous knowing he is listening to my every note I play. My song had finished and I actually didn't get any notes wrong! I'm glad I didn't mess it up, especially in front of George. I smiled and looked up from the guitar. George's face just made me happy, he was surprised and so happy!

"Michelle, your.. your perfect!" he said in shock and happiness.

I made a big grin and said,"You think so?" I'm so glad by his reaction.

"Yes! You are amazing! Why haven't you ever played to anyone before! You are great everyone should know you are amazing! I can't wait to tell the lads about you. They'll love you!" he rambled on, which I didn't mind. He was so happy.

"Haha, thank you so much. I never play to people because I get so nervous. I have really bad anxiety so I wouldn't be able to play in front of lots of people." I felt nervous even just saying that.

"Oh well, I don't see what you have to worry about because everyone will love you because you are amazing." he said to me quickly. I smiled even more and hugged him.

"Thank you," I whispered not actually quite sure if he heard me. I felt tears in my eyes but I'm not going to cry. No way! I'm not going to embarrass myself.

"You're welcome, love" I just stayed in his arms for awhile before he asked me something else, " Do you have your own guitar?"

"Yes I do."

"Can we go get it? We can play together if you like? and just mess around with them?"

"Yeah sounds good!" we both smiled and walked down the stairs of his house. George made a quick 'good bye' before walking out the door. Probably so he wouldn't get embarrassed

by his mum, again. We walked to my house. We had a conversation about a lot of things. It wasn't awkward though it seemed like we could laugh about anything! We were nearly at my house when George asked me a question randomly,

"What is your dream? You know, in life?"

"I would love to have some kind of career in music, especially with my guitar. What's your dream?"

"I want to be famous. A musician. In the quarrymen. That would be perfect."

I smiled to him, "well you are going to be. I just know it. You are great musicians so why wouldn't you!"

"Well I'm not quite sure.. anyway you would definitely!"

"I can't, how would I get noticed?"

George stood still for a moment, he was thinking. I stood with him. "What?" I asked him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"I have an idea," the grin on his face made me smile.

"What is it?"

"The cavern."

"What about it?"

"I could get you in! You are a great musician so, you could make performances! Like what we do!"

I can't believe George would do something like that for me he is so kind. I smiled at his idea although there was one thing in the way, anxiety.

"Oh my gosh George! Would you really?" George nodded, "I-I think I would be too nervous. I don't think people would like me.I'm not good like you."

George cupped his hands in my face and got incredibly close to me, "Michelle, you are perfect. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I am getting you in the cavern no matter what. Now lets get your guitar." I smiled like crazy and before he let go of me I kissed him. He was a bit surprised at first but kissed me back. He smiled at me then held my hand and we made our way to my house again.

_______________________________________________________________

I have got my guitar and George has got his, we made our way to the park and we are sitting underneath a tree. We are just teaching each other tunes and songs.

"Michelle?"

"George?"

He smiled at me and asked,"Do you sing?"

I've never sang before, only on my own. Or in the shower. Never to someone. I managed to say, "No, I sang to anyone before."

He looked into my eyes, like he was trying to tell if I was lying. "Can I hear you sing? We can sing together if you like, here let me teach you a song that john told me about. It's a silly song but we can sing together right?"

"Okay"

He taught me the song and I was quite confident now. We both started the song, it was called maggie mae. We both sang at the same time, "Oh dirty maggie mae.." I sang the whole tune and when it was finished I realised I was actually singing alone for over half of it. I blushed like crazy. Why had  George stopped? Was I that bad? He said he would sing with me.

"Michelle.."he started.

I looked at the ground, nervous of what he was going to say.

"Y-You're amazing! You are so talented! You can play guitar and sing!"

"Wait, what?" I was shocked to hear what he had just told me, was I really that good?

"Michelle, your voice is perfect. We are going to the cavern right now. I'm going to make you noticed."

He got up and put his guitar in one hand and held one out for me. Was I really ready to do this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~