Chapter 31- Upsetting News and 'I Think You Should Go'

In about an hour we are going to John's house for the party. I've just got changed into some nicer clothes, a white t-shirt and a with a floral pattern skirt. George is changed too, well just in some more leather things. I'm stood in the kitchen talking to George about the new manager and the band. It's all very exciting, Brian said they've got to go to London to record their first song and then they will release it to see what it will do. I can just imagine my Georgie becoming all famous, I know he will.

A knock on the door interrupted our talking.

"I'll get that," I said. I walked out of the kitchen to the front door and opened it. In front of me was stood John, he didn't look too happy either. In his hand he had a crumpled piece of paper too.

"John? Is everything okay?" I worried. His eyes began to water and he tensed his hands making himself shake. He flung himself to me and hugged me tightly. He started to weep on my shoulder, "H-He's gone. Forever. Now I'll never see him again."

I hugged him back and replied, "What? What's happened?" he let me free and then held the letter out for me. I took it a little gingerly and read it carefully. It was from Astrid, Stuart's girlfriend. It read,

"Dear John,

I am writing to you to tell you something very upsetting, which I know will take a moment to sink in. I still cannot believe that this has happened.

Last night, I found Stuart laid on the floor in the living room unconscious. I called an ambulance quickly and tried to get an answer out of him but I got nothing. I panicked and hopes he had just fainted, but that was not the case. He was rushed into hospital and I waited all night. A doctor came to me and he told me that he had gone. They are not entirely sure what happened but they think he had a brain haemorrhage.

I just want to say I am deeply sorry for Stuart staying behind in Hamburg with me while you went back home, I'm sorry you didn't see Stuart. I am also sorry for telling you this over a letter. I hope for you to be okay.

From

Astrid x"

I gasped loudly and held a hand over my mouth. "No," I whispered to myself. John nodded and sniffled at the same time. I hugged him again and told him, "Everything will be okay."

George walked over to us and had a confused expression on his face, "John? Are you okay? Has something happened?" he asked concerned. I passed him the crumpled piece of paper, then he read it. I guided John into the living room while he read it, before we totally left the room I heard George mumble, "Stu."

Me and John both sat down on the couch and George slowly followed, he said in a mono-tone voice, "Uh, I'll make us some coffee."

I smiled to George, I know this is a shock to George. He's never been through this before and I know he's feeling upset. John however, this was his bestfriend. This has affected him wildly. He started to tear up again, I held my hand on top of his which was on his knee. He looked up at me and he wept,

"I-I can't believe he's gone. My best friend. Why does everyone I love leave me?" he looked back down at his hands when he finished. I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I'm holding them back to stay strong for John. John has really surprised me, I never knew how loving and sensitive he is. I tried to reassure him by saying,

"I'm really sorry John, but Stu isn't really gone. He's always with us. You know, he's a spirit now and he's always by your side and looking out for you. He wouldn't want you to be upset, don't worry." He looked up at me and made a little smile.

"Thank you," I saw his mouth form, but no words came out apart from a little squeak. I smiled back at him, he stared into my eyes for a while longer. I felt weird, when he looked at me. I can't explain how I felt but, it was strange. He leaned closer to me, I kept still unable to think or move. His face was very close to mine, and then he kissed me on the lips. My eyes widened almost about to pop out of my head. I froze in position, why didn't I pull away? Why was he even kissing me? He pulled away and looked at my expression, he looked a little scared then.

"Uh, I.. I'm sorry Michelle." he stuttered. When I finally got my words together I said,

"I think you should go, John." He looked away and then stood up. I suddenly felt bad for what I just said. Was that too harsh? He walked out the room without saying a word. George walked into the living room with the mugs.

"I've made the co- Where's John?" George said. I turned my head quickly and uneasily. I tried to act normal and I said,

"He's leaving." He walked into the corridor and asked,

"John, will you be okay?" I couldn't hear a reply but I heard the front door slam shut. George trodded back in the room and sat beside me.

"That was strange, I hope he'll be alright," George said to me. He noticed my uneasiness and he gave me a worried look. He wrapped an arm around me and hugged me tight. He whispered in my ear,

"Everything will be okay, Michelle. Don't worry," he kissed my cheek softly and then carried on, "I love you."

George thinks I'm just upset about Stu, but he doesn't realise that John is the one that's bothering me.

~*~

:O

This was hard for me to write :|

I was going to join this chapter with the next one but it would be too long so here is the first part :)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been doing the beatles imagines :')

A new chapter will be up soon :))

Thank you so much for reading! :D