Chapter 16- "I don't want to leave you"

"D-Does this mean you're going for a while?" I trembled my words. Could George really be leaving me?

"Yeah.. he said we'll be gone at least six months," I could see the sadness in his eyes. I knew he really didn't want to go, I can't make him not go. This is for his career. I'm not going to stop him becoming famous. I didn't want him to leave, my best friend had just left me and now George was leaving me. I had just found him and now he would be going. I know he'll be back but can I survive six months? And that was only at the least. Oh god. I looked down at my legs unable to speak. I think we both understood what was going on. George put his hands on my cheeks and turned my face towards his. I had tears in my eyes, he was trying to stay strong but I knew that inside he was upset.

"I don't want to go, I won't leave you. I'm not going if you are going to be alone," he said croakily. I gave him a half smile. I didn't want him to go, but I'm not going to stop him from his career.

"No, I can't stop you. This is too big a thing for you to not go. It's your job! You can go, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me! You should be excited you're going!" I tried to say this with a happy voice but I was upset inside. George knew that.

"I'll miss you too much. I don't want to be without you. Ugh, I feel like I've let you down. I promised you just this morning I'd never leave you and now look what's happening," he stroked the hair out of my face when he was saying this.

"I'll miss you too, I need you too. But this is for your career. This will make you big! We will write to each other all the time. And before you know it you'll be back and you'll be famous and you'll have me! Don't worry about me, I have Cynthia anyway! I'm not alone," he blinked thinking over what I had just said. He opened his mouth ready to speak, and paused before properly saying,

"Okay, I'll go. I'll write to you all the time. I want to talk to you as much as I can. You don't know how much I'll miss you," he moved closer to me and he rested his forehead on mine. He closed his eyes and I closed mine. "I love you you know, and I won't ever stop loving you," I smiled uncontrollably and said back,

"I love you too." He took his hands off my cheeks and he held my hand. He squeezed it and kept hold of it. "When do you actually have to go?" I asked. He looked at Paul and he said to me,

"Next wednesday, in one week," I looked down at George's hand on mine and thought it over. Only seven days of me seeing George until he'll be gone. I looked up at George again and he said,

"I'm so sorry," I gave him a comforting smile and tried to reassure him with,

"Don't be sorry! This is to make you famous," he gave me a little smile and then started drinking the rest of his drink.

~

I'm at home now, George is here too. I want to be with him as much as I can before he goes. George is still quite upset that he has to go, I'm sad too but I want to stay positive. This will be good for George. George was sat on my bed looking down at his hands. I don't like seeing George like this. I sat close beside him and I put my hand on his hands. He looked up at me and gave me a little smile. I wanted George to be happier than this. I leaned closer to George and put my nose on his. I squished his nose with mine and I was very close to his eyes now. I wanted to make George laugh. I succeeded and made him laugh. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and he smiled a big smile.

"Yes, I wanted to see that smile," I said to him. "What can I do to make you feel happier?" he looked at me and he smirked and made a cheeky laugh. I wasn't quite sure what that was about. I looked around the room and saw in the corner of the room the guitar. Of course! George loves guitar that can make him better. I hopped off the bed and walked over to the guitar. I picked it up and brought it back to the bed. I held it out for him to take. He smiled at me and he took it. He put it into position and said,

"You know me too well," I laughed and I waited for him to play his tune. He started his song and I knew what it was straight away. It was the song that he had written for me. Do you want to know a secret. I grinned as soon as he started singing because I knew what he was singing about. Me. He looked at me as he sang it, his accent made me feel tingly inside. I blushed at how he sang it, and he was smirking as he sang it to me. When he finished this song I leaned closer to him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips because I just love it when he sings this song to me.

He then started playing 'something', the song that we wrote together. He started singing and I joined in with him. He grinned at me when he heard me sing. We carried on the song 'something' until it was finished.

"I love that song you know, you are really good at song writing," George said to me.

"What? You helped me write it!" I laughed.

"You did all the guitar and basically most of the lyrics, I did hardly anything. This was all you," he said really seriously. I smiled to him and said,

"Thank you, but you're better." George then gave me back the guitar. He looked a better mood now and I was pleased about that. I played a short tune before putting the guitar back in it's usual spot in the corner. I sat back at the bed with George and looked at him. He started yawning.

"I'm really tired, can we go to bed?" I smiled and said,

"Of course." I walked through to the bathroom to get changed into some other clothes. I walked back into my room and saw George in my bed. He was looked really comfortable in there. I walked over to the bed and leaned over,

"You comfortable enough?" I joked. He smiled and said, "Yes thank you,"

I pulled the covers over and got in the bed. George shuffled closer to me and put his arm around me. I was snuggled into his chest. I thought that soon I wouldn't be in George's arms.

"In the next few days, we need to do as much things as we can yeah?" I looked up at George's face and he looked down at me.

"Yes," I smiled and closed my eyes. George pulled me closer to his body.

"I'll miss you," he whispered. It made me feel down again, but I want to stay positive for George.

"I'll miss you too," I whispered back. I felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep. Just before I fully fell asleep I felt a kiss on the top of my head. I smiled to myself and fell asleep.

~*~

Thank you for reading (: