Chapter 15- The Airport

Today is the day Linda leaves.

She is going to leave at 11 o'clock, we are going with her to the airport. I am really upset. What will I do without her? The others will be there too. It's half eight now, we are meeting Linda at her house at 10.

I've got dressed and I've done my makeup. I'm sat on the sofa in the living room holding the gift I'm giving to Linda when I see her. It's a picture in a frame of me and her, from when we first met each other. That was the first day of high school. In the picture, we look so tiny in our school uniform. We both have an arm around each other and we are smiling like mad. It's kinda cringey but this is my favourite picture of us both, that's why I'm giving it to her. I also have put a note in the back of the frame, I'm not going to tell her about it I want her to find it herself. It's more of a letter than a note. I've written everything I want to tell her that I know I will not be able to say out loud as I know I will burst out crying. I am really bad in these situations.. I always get too over-emotional about things and I can never get my words out. That is why I've written this note. I hope she reads it..

Looking at this picture it reminds me of all the memories we've had together. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I can't cry already, I haven't even got to her house yet. I wipe the tear away but more pour out. My makeup will be ruined now. I feel someone sit next to me on the sofa. It's George. He puts an arm around me and he rubs my arm.

"Are you ready to go?" George asks softly. I look up to him and he gives me a sad look. He puts his hands on my cheeks.

"Noo, please don't cry. You will be okay. I will make sure you are, I'm here for you through it all. Remember that," he wiped away a tear with his thumb as he said the last sentence. I tried to give him the best smile I could, I put my hand on his hand that was on my cheek. I mouthed a "Thank you." The words weren't coming out because I knew I was about to burst into tears. George understood and held my hand and we made our way out the house.

~

Walking towards Linda's house, I'm really nervous. I don't know why, maybe I'm worried for her? What is there to be worried about? Maybe it's because she will be alone. I don't know. I look at the ground thinking over my thoughts. George stops walking, I stop too. I look up from the ground, I didn't realise we were at Linda's house already. I gave a big sigh knowing that I would have to let my best friend go soon. George squeezed my hand and gave me a smile and I knocked on the door. We waited for an answer and the door opened. Stood there was Linda and Pete. Linda was definitely upset, and Pete's eyes were red. I could feel my eyes welling up. I flew myself into her house and I hugged Linda really tight. She hugged me back.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed into my shoulder.

"It's not your fault," I tried to say without crying but failing. We hugged for ages, I didn't want to let her go, never. We pulled away and I lifted up the gift that was in my hands. I gave it to her and let her have a look at it. She gasped when she saw the picture. It made me laugh a bit as the picture was quite silly. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I said,

"Please don't forget me," she said really quickly pulling me into another hug,

"What!? You're my best friend! I can't forget you! I love this so much, thank you!" I smiled when she said she loved it.

"Good! Now write to me as much as you can! Every Saturday, okay?" she laughed a little when I said the last bit.

"Of course!" she said sniffling.

"Write to us all if you can, please," Pete said wrapping his arms around her. George was nodding.

"I will," they both put their foreheads together closing their eyes. It's really upsetting she has to go. She hasn't been with Pete long and she already has to leave him. They started walking to the kitchen still in each others arms and we followed. The kitchen was so empty, well it had to be they are moving out. The whole house was empty. I remembered when not that long ago I had my surprise birthday party here. Later, John, Cynthia, Paul and Stu came. They all said what they wanted to say and gave their gifts and hugs. We had a moment of silence and Linda said,