Chapter 6- What is going on?

Another day now. I'm wondering what's so odd about Linda. I try thinking of different scenarios in my head but I really don't understand.

I'm in the house on my own today, my Mum and Dad are at work today.. again. I'm dressed the same as yesterday and wearing make-up, you know just in case I decided to go out. I was sat in the living room playing the tune I made yesterday. I was trying to think of words too but I can't think of any. Song writing is very hard. I'm in a deep thought about lyrics when suddenly the phone rings. I rush over to the phone, hoping for some kind of answer about yesterday. I pick up the phone, it's Linda.

"Hey, Michelle?"

"Yeah it's me, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good," I can hear muffled voices in the background. What is going on?

"What are you up to?"

"What? What make you- oh um nothing much. Would you like to come over? I haven't seen you for a bit."

"Yeah okay, I'll be there in a sec."

"Okay, byee."

"Byee."

I put the phone down then made my way out the house. Now I should hopefully find out what's going on!

I'm actually feeling quite nervous, why isn't Linda telling me what's wrong? We are best friends, we tell each other everything! This better be a good reason to why she's not telling me! I'm at her door now. I wait there for a second then knock on the door. I didn't get an answer and the door was quite open anyway so I stepped in the house.

"Linda? I'm here."

I walk through the corridor and look into the front room. I can't see anything, why is it so dark? I turned on the lights. Then I see about six people jump out.

"SURPRIISE!!" They all shout.

"Aaaahhhh!" they really did make me jump, I nearly jumped out my skin. I see Linda happy as ever. There are also five other boys, Paul, John, Pete, Stu and .. George! What are they all doing here? And what's the surprise? The whole room has been decorated. There are balloons everywhere, and a banner saying 'Happy Birthday' oh my god, how did I forget? The 15th of August. It was my birthday!

"Oh my god! It's my birthday! I'll get you!" I sounded really surprised, well because I was. They were all laughing because I had forgotten and because of how much they made me scream! I totally forgot it was my birthday. That was why Linda was acting all strange! She had been arranging a party for me! Oh my god I love her! She even invited the lads! I ran over to Linda and hugged her.

"Thank you so much guys, I totally forgot!" I said.

Paul then came up to me and gave me a hug, "happy birthdayy!" he said to me. "Thank you!" I gave him a big smile then John came over.

He gave me a hug then said the same. This then followed by Pete and Stu. Then George came to me. He gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "Happy birthday beautiful." He kissed my cheek, I must have been blushing because of his grin on his face, "Thank you!" I managed to say.

"PRESENTSS!" Paul and John shouted at the same time. I giggled then went over to where they were standing. There was presents on the table wrapped up, especially for me. "Oh guyss, you didn't have tooo!" I said in quite a strange voice.

"Oh, but we did!" George replied in a strange voice too. I giggled and George out his arm around my waist. I was so happy right now. My friends are truly the best. These last few days have been so perfect.

"Here you go Michelle, it's from Stu too," Said Pete handing me over his present. "Thank you!"

I opened up the wrapping paper and found Elvis things, there was two records and a poster. I giggled and said "Thank you! I love Elvis!" They both seemed happy for themselves.