Chapter 5- Linda

I woke up at about 10 today, I didn't have my usual lay in. I don't really know why but I am just too excited, which is quite odd as I'm not doing anything today..

I got in the shower, I thought about everything that had happened the day before, George and when I performed yesterday. I still can't believe that had just happened. I mean, I thought I would burst out crying in front of everyone but instead I actually was confident and it felt... good. I never thought I would be where I am three days ago (not in the shower obviously but performing at the cavern, good friends with George, and friends with the Quarrymen!).

This made me realise I still hadn't seen Linda since that night at the cavern. I decided when I was ready to invite Linda over. I got out the shower, dried myself and put some clothes on. Today I would be wearing a white t-shirt with a denim jacket and black jeans. I dried my hair then sorted my face and hair out. I applied my usual mascara and eyeliner then left my hair down.

I went downstairs to the kitchen, my Mum was home. My Dad wasn't though, I don't see him as much anymore as he got a new job. He's always out. My Mum works quite a bit too but I would usually see her some days.

"Hello dear," I heard my Mum shout through the other room.

"Hello," I replied.

"Everything alright?" My mum had come into the kitchen now, she hadn't seen me in quite a while properly.

"Yes thank you, you'll never guess what has happened!"

"Oh my gosh, what?!" My mother actually looks quite scared for some reason. I told her everything to do with the cavern, that I now have a job there and how well my performance went last night. But I didn't tell her about George, woahh I can't tell her anything like that she would go all protective on me and want to see him. I don't want to embarrass myself so I'll just say I made new friends too.

She is very happy for me, she knows how hard it is for me to make friends because of my anxiety. She understands me and I like that. She is my Mum after all.. She is also super excited for me that I have a job at the cavern, she was so pleased that I have performed. I have just left school as well, I need this job as I did rubbish there. She knows that it is my dream to play music, and she thinks I'm going to be famous one day, but I'm not too sure. I'm only playing at the cavern..

I told her that I was bringing Linda round today. My Mum is totally fine with that. She loves Linda. She knows that she is my best friend so she wouldn't say no for me to bring her round. I had my breakfast, then went over to the phone. I failed Lindas number and waited for her to answer. It was ringing for ages but finally stopped. No answer.

That strange. She normally answers my calls.

I try ringing her again. No answer.

Why isn't she answering my calls? Where would she be? She is probably just out somewhere. Where would she be today? Should I go over to her house? No, I'm too over protective and nosy sometimes. I should just leave her. But what if she's not okay? Or if she's ignoring me?

Wow. I really do over think the stupidest things. She's probably just out somewhere with her parents. I heard my Mum shout from the other room,

"So?"

I replied, "She's not answering, I'll call her later."

I walked upstairs into my room. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I really have no idea what Linda would be doing. I grabbed my guitar from the corner of the room and sat on my bed playing it. I played the normal songs like Elvis and I also made up my own tunes. Some of them sounded quite good. I found some paper in my room and scribbled down some tunes I had made. I wasn't quite sure if I was song writing but it was really good to do.

I must of been in my room for hours playing guitar. I really hungry now so I left my guitar in the corner of my room and left the paper of song notes on my desk. I went downstairs and I saw that Mum was making dinner. Woah what time is it? It was five o'clock already! Looks like I'm not seeing Linda today then.

I went to the phone again anyway. I wanted to know what Linda was doing, and to see if she was okay of course. I picked up the phone and dialed in the number. It took a while, but in the end I did get an answer.

"Linda?"

"Michelle!?"

"Are you okay? I called you a few times today and you haven't answered."

"Oh um yeah yeah I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you're acting all strange.. what were you doing?"

"Oh.. I-It doesn't matter, I've got to go."

"No wai-"

"Byee."

Then Linda put the phone down. That was reeaally strange. Linda is never like that. She is hiding something from me, I know it. I will find out, I'll get it out of her in the end..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a really short chapter sorryyy. I am writing the next chapter now so it will be up in a bit. Don't worryy :)))