Chapter 4- The stage

Oh no.

I am freaking out, I'm not ready yet. I've only played in front of George I can't play to ALL them people. I'm not even very good. What would I play? What if they don't like me? What if I screw up and they all boo me? No, stop. George wouldn't make me do this if I was bad, right? I must be quite good if I'm going to the cavern? He must care about me if he's doing this for me.

I go through all my thoughts as we walk to the cavern. He is holding my hand as we walk which is comforting me. I think he knows I'm freaking out a little as every so often he'll squeeze my hand and say, "It's okay, you'll amaze them."

We are walking into the cavern now, but before I go through the entrance I stop. George stops with me. He looks into my eyes and holds both my hands.

"Michelle, you are the most amazing female guitarist I have ever met, this is your dream. You are going to make everyone's mouth drop in that place. You are great. Now go do your thing."

I feel like crying. George really is good at comforting me. I gave him a massive hug and whispered, "Thank you," in his ear. We walked down the steps into the cavern. There wasn't many people, thank god, George led me through a door backstage. It was very dark so I don't really know where I was going. We stopped in a room where a man was. He had dark hair and glasses. I think he was the manager of the place or something.

"Hey George, Oh. Who's this girl you got here George?" the man said as he looked me up and down, making me feel quite uncomfortable.

"This is Michelle, she is a great singer and guitar player." the man's eyes seemed to get bigger when he mentioned 'guitar player', "Could she be able to play at the cavern?" George asked politely.

"Well, I'll have to hear you play first and then I'll decide. Could you play me something now?" the man asked.

"Yeah, sure." I felt uneasy but I couldn't show it right now or he wouldn't let me play at the cavern. I took the guitar off my back and put it in position. I was ready to play. I looked up and saw George smiling and signalling a 'You can do it' face. I started playing my favourite Elvis song. I got lost in the tune, trying to forget the man listening as I would probably mess up everything and blow my chance. I started singing too, I had to make that my best too. I could feel their eyes staring at me. I didn't look up though as I was too scared to see the man's reaction. I made the last note of the guitar and looked up. Both of them were grinning, I smiled back. Wait, is grinning a good or bad thing. I started shaking now waiting for the man to give his answer.

"You're on." was all the man said.

"Yes!" George shouted quite loud, "I knew you would do it! You are amazing!" he gave me a massive hug which surprised me. I just stood there in shock. Did that really just happen?

"He's right you know. You are great. How could I say no to you! You play sing and play guitar. And you look amazing!" I felt a bit weird when he said I look amazing, that was a bit creepy as he is like in his late twentys or something. Even George looked at him a bit weird. I looked at the man and managed to say, "Thank you so much!"

"You're totally welcome! Would you be able to play tonight?" he asked.

"Um," I looked at George and he was nodding like mad, "Of course!"

"Great! I'll see you perform tonight then," he smiled then walked off out the room.

I was still stood there in shock. I looked at George and did a girl scream. He was laughing at my reaction. He picked me up and twirled me around the room, I couldn't stop laughing. When he stopped spinning me around he put me back on the ground and whispered to me, "I told you you could do it." I  looked him in the eyes. He was looking into my eyes too. I was getting lost in them and I knew right now was when I was truly falling for him. He looked at my lips and back at my eyes. He leaned closer to me and kissed my lips. My legs turned to jelly. Today was turning into the best day of my life and this moment was truly perfect.