Chapter 17- Strawberry Field

Me and George have decided to go to Strawberry Field today. We want to do as much as we can before he goes. I can tell George isn't too excited about going but he is trying to stay happy till he has to go. He has just left and has gone to his house to get changed then he's coming back here. I'm getting changed at the minute into some new clothes ready for today. I put on a white t-shirt tucked into my floral pattern skirt. I then sort my face and hair out. I leave my hair down then I put my usual eyeliner and mascara on. I'm ready now, I just have to wait for George. I go downstairs and I sit on the living room couch. I sit in silence as I wait for him. I get lost in my thoughts. George is always on my mind now, I can't get him out of my head. I really do care about him. I worried for him when he goes. I know he will be okay, but I just.. worry a lot. Oh god, six months without George. What will I do? And what if he's gone for longer? I snap out of my thoughts when I hear someone open the front door. I assume it's George and I get up and walk into the corridor.

"Hello," I look to see who I thought was George but was in fact, was my Mum. "Oh, hi," I said a bit surprised.

"Hello, you alright?" Mum said. "Yeah I'm fine, are you?" I ask.

"Yeah.. just tired with all that work. My boss let me have the day off. Woop!" I laughed at the last part. She walked into the living room and plonked herself on the couch. I went into the living room too and sat on the other couch, as the other one was taken. I realised that George would be here any minute and it would be awkward with my Mum being here. My Mum doesn't even know George. I need to tell my Mum about him, but how? These situations are always awkward, talking about relationships and stuff. I tried to think of ways to say it.

"Do you need to tell me something Michelle?" I was startled by how she read me like a book. My eyes widened. "I can tell by how shifty you are, you need to tell me something don't you?" I laughed a little nervously then said,

"Yeah.. I do," she looked worried. She sat herself up properly on the couch and looked me deep in the eyes as if she was trying to work out what it could be. "I-I have a.. boyfriend," my Mum just stared at me for a bit. I felt awkward about the situation and I shifted in my seat. Her worried face turned to a grin. I was quite relieved by this.

"Ohh, I thought it was something bad! Aha! I'm sure he's lovely. What's his name?" she sounded really happy for me. I smiled at her and said,

"George," she grinned even more at the name.

"Ooh, is this George a nice lad?" I was a bit confused by the question and then I answered,

"Yes.. I'm not going to go out with some weirdo," my Mum giggled at my answer.

"Aha, I'm just wondering. So, do you love him?" Oh god, I knew this would be awkward.

"Yes, I do. He is the kindest, sweetest and nicest person I've ever met," she smiled to me.

"Good! I don't want you getting hurt okay? If he hurts you.. I'll kill him," I stared at her scared. "Just don't be getting up to anything dodgy alright?" she was very serious. I widened my eyes and said,

"Mum!" she laughed a tiny bit and said, "You're turning into an adult, I don't want you making any dodgy choices okay?" I rolled my eyes an nodded.

"He's coming here in a bit, we are going to strawberry fields," she smiled at me and said,

"Have a good time then! Can I see him?" I knew I would feel bad if I tried to talk her out of it so I just agreed. "Uh, sure, the only thing though," I stopped myself for a second. "He's leaving on wednesday.. to Hamburg," her smile turned into a frown. I knew she felt sorry for me,

"Oh no, why does he have to go?" she asked sympathetically.

"He's in a band, he has to go to Hamburg for his job. He is going to play there for a bit. Well.. six months," this time her eyes widened.