Fake date | 09

Breakfast is so early in the morning that I nearly fall asleep eating it

Breakfast is so early in the morning that I nearly fall asleep eating it. The bells rang at 6:00, so loud that someone in Australia could hear them. Maddy woke up as if nothing bothered her, while I trudged behind, my hair probably a resemblance to a birds nest, eyes squinting at the light.

When we sit at breakfast, I notice Ash smirking at me like he knows something I don't.

Will flashes me a smile, and immediately I realise that he's been speaking about our plans on Saturday. I smile back, and decide to do my part of the bargain.

"So," I turn to Emily, Amie and Maddy. "What boys do you have your eyes on?"

Emily grins. "I have a boyfriend already."

"Oh?" I say, surprised. She's never mentioned him before, and I'm pretty sure I overheard her saying how hot Fred looked yesterday.

Emily raises her eyebrows at me in confusion. "Yeah, Fred. Didn't you know?"

Well that explains it. "Ah okay. I get it."

"I'm a single Pringle." Says Amie happily, but there's a hint of desperation behind her eyes. "Callum's quite cute. But clearly Jake is the hottest."

Alarm bells ring in my head. "Do you like him?"

"Not at the moment, no. Obviously you do." She says, laughing, and Emily joins in.

I laugh with them. "Well, he is quite cute."

"So you like him?" Maddy says, joining into the conversation properly, with an eager smile on her face.

"Yeah." I say after a beat, the lie smooth and easy through my teeth.  "I think I do."

When the weekend rolls in, I'm still disorientated from the whole experience

When the weekend rolls in, I'm still disorientated from the whole experience. Twice I've nearly called 'Jake' by his real name, and I'm pretty sure people think I'm deaf due to the fact that I hardly ever respond when they call me.

Nevertheless, I'm having to endure it, as well as spending every day droning on about how hot 'Jake' is.

I mean, he is hot. But irritating.