Winter walks | 10

When I think of Sundays, I think of pyjamas, Netflix, and my wonderful bed where I can spend my luxurious sleep

When I think of Sundays, I think of pyjamas, Netflix, and my wonderful bed where I can spend my luxurious sleep. I think of relaxation, comfort, messy buns and oversized jumpers. Sundays are a time for rest and solace, where you can settle down in front of the TV, not caring about the state in which you look.

When I think of Sundays, I do not picture 8 people leaning over me while I'm trying to sleep, talking about going on a walk while it's freezing outside.

"Is she okay?"

"She looks dead."

"She's not dead, she's sleeping."

"Oh, really? No, I thought she was dead. Because I would totally be watching her and not calling 999 if she was dead."

"Guys, shut the fuck up. She's asleep."

"Watching isn't the right word. More like stalking."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Shh!"

"Come on, she's a solid 10/10."

"You're not allowed to say that, Jake already has dibs. Seeing as they went out on a date."

"What?"

"Just talking about your dibs on Mia."

"I don't have dibs on her."

"Oh, so your date didn't go well?"

"No, I'm not saying that. It's just wrong to say you have dibs on someone."

"Well if I had her I would be calling it dibs. Wouldn't want anyone else to have her."

"Yeah, I know. It's just-"

I choose this moment to throw a pillow in a random direction, hoping to the gods of Channing Tatum that it will hit someone. Judging by the thump and several high-pitched, boy screams, I guess that it did.

Ash is holding a hand on his chest, panting desperately when I open my eyes. "Jesus fuck, woman!"

"That's what you get for waking me up." I glare at all of them, still groggy with sleep, hoping that my hair isn't looking like a bird has shat in it. "Now fuck off."

Will – or should I say Jake – crawls onto my bed and rests his head in his hands, pouting. "Now, now, princess. That's not a way to treat your new friends."

Emily giggles. "So, princess, how was your date yesterday?"

"It was awful. I fell on my knees and Jake here didn't even help me up!" I roll up my pyjama bottoms to reveal the bruises and deep cuts I have on my knees, shaking my head.

Will's eyes linger on my legs before he averts them, and then sticks out his bottom lip. "I offered! And if you haven't remembered, I nursed those cuts to good health afterwards."