Illness | 15

The gift that I receive the next morning informs me of why I acted the way I did yesterday

And this 'gift' comes in the colour of red.

Yup - sweet, sweet mother nature arrived, along with the cramps and the aches.

When I wake up, I can only guess that I'm lying on the Japanese flag, and that somehow I'm going to have to find clean sheets without anyone noticing the dark red splodge on my clean ones.

Maddy doesn't even give me a second glance when I don't move, she simply changes, does her hair and then leaves.

I mean, what if I was dead? She would get sued. Not by me of course, because I'd be dead. But someone would sue her. I'd hope.

A deluge of tears begin streaming down my cheeks as yet another wave of cramps wash over me. I'm tired, in pain, and frankly I have pins and needles everywhere because I haven't moved in god knows how long.

So I lie there, for around two hours, groaning every few minutes. I don't know what happens when you're ill at a boarding school, but I can't do anything about it seeing as I can't leave my bed. At around 11 my phone starts to ring, the caller being 'Jake'. I weigh up whether I should answer or not, before giving up and pressing the button so it connects.
"Where are you?" Will says, with several voices in the background.

I moan. "I'm ill."

The sounds die down a little and I guess that he moved somewhere more quiet. "Ill...like sick ill?"

"Define sick ill."

"Actually throwing up." He hesitates. "You're lying in your sick, aren't you?"

"Ugh, Will! Who do you think I am? No, I didn't throw up. I'm ill in the other way."

"Like a cold?"

"No...you know.."

He clears his throat. "I dunno, a cough?"

"A girl ill." I drag it out, hoping that he'll catch on soon.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. "Watching too much Netflix?"

"My period, Will! I have my fucking period!"

The line goes silent.

"And I have really bad cramps and I don't know what to do." More tears cascade down my cheeks as I sniff, trying and failing to ignore the next wave of pain.

"Well you could have just told me. jeez." He tells me, and releases what sounds like an exhale of relief. "I thought it was really bad or something."

"It is bad you asshole! I feel like my stomach is on fire!"

He even has the audacity to chuckle on the other end. "Okay, okay! I'm on my way."