Tension | 14

It's extremely awkward the next day when I wake up

It's extremely awkward the next day when I wake up. Maddy didn't go to dinner last night and was asleep before I came back, so it was fine yesterday. Except now, we both have to wake up at the same time to get dressed.

"Oh gosh, sorry!" I say when I trip over her mirror and send it flying across the room.

She ignores me and picks it up, continuing to plait her hair afterwards as if nothing happened.

We continue to get ready in silence, so I decide to put some music on to fill the air, which she turns off.

Then I open the window for some fresh air, to which she closes.

I'm beginning to think that she'll take out the ponytail that I spent 20 minutes putting up, but she goes into the bathroom instead, lips pressed firmly together grimly.

When she returns, a knock sounds at the door. I'm currently half-dressed in some pyjama shorts and my polo shirt - which is still not buttoned up properly, therefore I try not ignore it, hoping that whoever it is will go away.

Only, to my annoyance, Maddy huffs and swings it open, revealing Will leaning against the doorframe, his eyes slightly puffy and adorable looking from sleep.

"Are you finished being mad?" He asks her, but she's already turned her back on him, sinking down into her bed. "O-kay...obviously not."

"Why are you here?" I say, one eyebrow raised. It baffles me how he managed to get changed so quickly, but apparently his mind hasn't quite caught up yet.

His eyes droop as he yawns. "I need to speak to you. We have that assignment due today that we forgot about and I think we should skip breakfast."

"But I'm hungry." I glare at him, my stomach also arguing with a growl.
"Well the sooner we do it, the faster we can eat."

I sigh over-exaggeratedly, before standing up. "Fine. But I need to get changed."

"Please don't." He smirks as his eyes trail down to my legs. "I'm rather liking those shorts."

"Perv!" I yell, throwing a pillow at him and slamming the door.