Night exploring | 27

Mum decides to treat us all for dinner tonight, going to the pizzeria just around the corner

Mum decides to treat us all for dinner tonight, going to the pizzeria just around the corner. Taking the first shower before Will can, I lock the door of the bathroom and jump in, relaxing with the hot water running through my hair.

As I watch the soap bubbling at my feet, I think about what life would be like if Vera was still alive. Would she like Will? How would she feel about my undercover job? Would she have a boyfriend? Maybe one that would join our family, be one of our own.

I smile as I think about the prospect. Vera was always exceedingly picky with boys. At age 14, her first boyfriend was called Freddie, and she dumped him after a week because she got bored.

At 16, she took this guy called Adrian to the cinema, and dumped him because he bitched about her friends.

And then when she was 17, there was Dan, who was initially quite nice, being the only one of her boyfriends that we actually got to meet. Unfortunately, she caught him cheating on her with another girl, and as revenge she shaved his eyebrows while he was asleep, and the next day put chilli in his lunch and a laxative in his water. He spent the whole day in the men's bathroom.

Something tells me that Vera would like Will. Not in that way, of course. She'd probably say that he was an arrogant prick at first, but deep down I think she'd appreciate what he's done for me.

Shaking off the thoughts running through my mind, I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel round me as I open the door.

And then I scream.

Sitting there, on the bed is Will, looking at me in shock as he sees my very nearly naked body. If I'd had opened the door any earlier, then this situation could have been even worse.

Thankfully, I pull the towel around myself in such rapid force that it nearly knocks me over - but at least I'm covered up.

"Will! Turn around!" I hiss, blushing a deep crimson as his eyes roam over me.

He smirks, but does as I say, putting his head in the pillows as I dry myself and get changed.

"Why are you even in here anyway? I was clearly having a shower." I ask, putting a t-shirt over my head.

"In case you hadn't noticed, princess," His voice says, muffled from his mouth pressed against the pillows. "This is my room too. I didn't expect you to walk out in a towel."

I scoff, throwing my hands up in the hair. "That is what people do when they have showers?"

"Well why didn't you take your clothes with you?"

"Because I didn't need to." I tell him, flopping onto the bed so he knows I'm finished. "Besides, I wanted to choose in the moment."

He rolls his eyes at me, tongue touching the back of his tooth. "You're so..."