Preparation | 16

The threat of Friday comes as quickly as I seem to get better

The threat of Friday comes as quickly as I seem to get better. The last couple of days fly by and before we know it, everyone is all hyped and gushing at lunch time about the outfits and the booze they're bringing tonight.

Sydney and Will's coffee date was successful, even though he didn't gain any new information.

I helped her choose an outfit along with Paris and Vienna, and she does seem happy, truly happy, so I ignore the feelings in my chest and let myself be happy for her too.

Besides, maybe Will can finally learn something off Sydney's exceptional manners.

Zach, Callum and I attempt to catch grapes in our mouths while everyone else decides on what time they're getting there tonight.

The school has granted permission, on the basis that we lied and said we're going home.  To get the permission, we had to ask our parents to call up and confirm that we were coming home, and due to it being with kinda work related, my mum agreed and let me go.

Really, we're around 15 minutes away, but the school doesn't need to know that.

"You're shit." Callum says, laughing when a grape bounces off my bottom lip and falls onto the floor.

I stick my tongue out. "Whatever."

Zach catches one and grins, chewing it with his mouth open like a two year old. "Yes! Winner! Winner! Who's ya boy? Who's ya boy?"

Callum rolls his eyes, taking another grape and attempting to throw it up in the air and get it in. It narrowly misses, and instead hits Amie's leg, who glares and throws it back, hitting Callum in the face.

"Ow. Babe, don't be like this." He says, trying to put his arms around her. "That grape was for you. It was meant to be."

"Okay listen up!" Sydney's voice booms over the lunch hall, silencing everyone's private conversations. "The party starts at 8, come at any time afterwards. There are enough rooms for you to stay over, but not enough booze so you have to bring your own. I'm going to leave straight after school to get it ready but everyone else is expected to find their own way there. I'll text all of you the address."

Some other people on a couple of tables over who are invited nod and whisper amongst themselves. Excitement hums in the air as the prospect of a party looms over everyone's heads. Most of these people have probably never been to one before.

 Most of these people have probably never been to one before