chapter three

"It's been four days since Blake Crowe has been missing. Any details to her whereabouts please email her father, John Crowe at the email on our webpage. Blake has long blonde hair, is about 5'6. She's got blue eyes and was wearing a black hoodie with blue jeans the night she went missing." The news caster said.

Alex, Lisa and I were watching the morning news.

"Should we tell them that I'm okay. About what has happened at home." I mumbled, listening to the newscaster talk more about my physical description and my possible whereabouts.

"Maybe. But they might give you back to your dad. I'll call the police in a few days to report abuse. They'll put you into a foster home, but we'll get you out of there as soon as possible. It'll take a few months though, up to six. But I've got a friend, Sam, who has studied law but never followed through with it. Maybe he'll be able to help us. Yknow. Set up a case and take your dad to court." Lisa said.

I nodded and continued to watch.

"Blake was last seen exiting her fathers house April Sixth at eight thirty PM. We have her father here with us this morning." The newscaster stated.

"Please. If anybody's seen my baby girl. I'd really like to get her back. She's all I have!" He cried.

That's when I ran to the kitchen to dial his number.

"Blake! What are you doing!" Alex shouted.

"They have to know the truth." I hissed, and hit the call button on the home phone.

I walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

His phone rang.

He answered.

"Put the phone on speaker." I snapped.

"Blake? Blake honey is that you?" He asked, false sincerity flowing from his mouth.

"Speaker. Now." I hissed, once again.

"Okay honey you're on speaker." He replied.

"Hi, Miss JoAnne Wheeler? You need to know the truth about John Crowe. He's an alcoholic abusive piece of shit. I'll send proof if needed. But I'm not missing, I never was. I got out of there as quick as I possibly could before he hit me again." I snapped.

"Umm. None of that is true. She's being forced to say that." John said and hung the phone up.

"Umm. Thank you John for speaking out. Back to you Dennis." The news caster said.

"Lisa. Take this camera to a drug store. Have them printed." I said and ran upstairs to my backpack.

I handed her the disposable camera that was chalked full of photos I've taken after John has beaten me.

"When you get them back. Don't look at them. You're not gonna like what you see." I told her.

Lisa nodded and stood up.

"We'll get him put away. That's a promise." She said and gave me a hug.

"I'll call Sam and see when he can stop by." Alex said and went to the kitchen.

All I could do was smugly smile at the TV, which was still playing the nine o'clock news.

Lisa left, Alex was on the phone. All I could do was go get dressed and grab a book.

I walked back downstairs with my book in hand.

"Hey, Sam said he'd be here in about half an hour." Alex said, walking into the living room.

I nodded and opened my book.

Lisa came home in fifteen minutes, this Sam guy came fifteen minutes later.