chapter thirty-four

The first thing I did was I took a shower. I'm not allowed to use conditioner during swim season, nor am I allowed to shave my legs for some reason. So I needed something nice that covered my legs.

But boy was that shower nice.

That's the one thing I hated about being on tour. Everyone would use up all of the hot water before I could get in, or I was shit out of luck whenever we were driving for three straight days.

I washed my hair, I washed my body. Now that I smell of vanilla and lavender, I sadly had to get out.

I wrapped myself in a towel and picked up my clothes from the floor. I walked across the hall to my room where I walked into my closet to find something nice to wear.

Ripped blue skinny jeans, a grey bra-let, an olive green shirt, and a pair of heeled ankle boots.

I laid that out on my bed then put on a shitty big teeshirt so I could blow dry my hair. I put a little heat protectant in it, before blow drying and styling. All I did was straighten, but it still took a lot of effort because of how long my hair is.

I then moved to my floor where I would do my makeup and sing very loudly. To just random shit. Like combining In The Arms Of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan and Down With The Sickness by Disturbed.

A true art masterpiece if I say so myself.

I listened to a couple podcasts, I continued to check the time.

"I've got like an hour. I'm good." I said to myself.

At around five, I finished my makeup. So I put my clothes on. I slid some socks on and put my boots on. I put my rings on, the ones the guys got me for Christmas a couple years ago. My necklace with Matt's ring on it, and a pair of earrings, a gift from Alex Gaskarth himself.

I found a grey cardigan sweater that was pretty loose and put that on as well.

I checked my hair again before scooping my phone up off the floor. I checked my outfit, saw I needed a black belt with a simple buckle, and put one on.

"Better." I mumbled to myself.

I walked downstairs and asked Lisa if I looked okay.

"You look beautiful. Alex is almost ready." She replied.

Alex came down fifteen minutes after I did. In a nice dress shirt, a tie, and dress slacks. With a pair of really nice dress shoes.

Well now I feel under dressed.

"Aw you look so pretty. You ready to leave?" He asked and I nodded.

On the drive to my favorite Italian place, we talked. About music, going to LA for the summer. I actually can't believe that Shane fucking Dawson wants to do a series about my life.

When we got to the place, Alex opened my door for me.

"Thanks dad." I said and shut my door.

We walked in, and we got sat at our usual table. In the corner in the back of the restaurant by a window.

"So, hows school been?" Alex asked.

"It's been okay. Nobody truly enjoys school. Especially after going to a swim practice for an hour in the morning first." I replied.

"Is your next meet this Saturday?" He asked.

"Yeah. I might try and qualify for state." I replied.

"That's awesome. Hey, would you mind giving up your hang out spot while the guys are here for that party?" Alex asked.

"I don't mind at all as long as nobody makes a mess." I replied, and our waiter came by.