chapter twenty seven

"Yeah?" I asked.

"He said he acted out of line because he knew you were right." Rian said.

"I know I was. I'm not right all the time, but I was this time damnit." I said.

We talked for a little while longer, before he had to leave to go see his parents.

I went upstairs to shower and put different clothes on.

And while I was getting dressed, there was another screaming match.

I listened for a bit.

"She doesn't deserve this! You know what kind of home she came from! She doesn't need it here damnit!" Lisa yelled.

"Oh because it's all my fault! You're the one who'd rather spend time with all of your friends every night instead of staying home with all of us!" Alex yelled back.

This went on for thirty minutes before I burst into tears, packed a small bag, and ran downstairs.

"Where the hell are you going?" Lisa and Alex asked.

"None of your fucking business." I snapped, swiping tears and storming out of the door.

There's only one person I can go to right now. And that's Rose.

I knocked on her door after I finished crying.

Her mom answered the door.

"Hey honey! Rose is upstairs doing some project. Come on in."

Miss. Cowley was always so nice to me.

"Thank you. Is she in her room or the study?" I asked.

"In her room."

I nodded and ran into her room. I tried to open the door but it was locked.

I knocked on her door and she opened, and the moment I saw her face I burst into tears.

"Oh no. What happened?" She asked, pulling me into her room and shutting the door.

I had to calm myself down first.

"It's okay. Take your time." She said and rubbed my back.

Once I finally calmed down, I told her what was happening.

"And I didn't think. I just shoved shit into my backpack and ran downstairs. They asked where I was going and I told them it wasn't their fucking business." I said.

"You had every right. Do you want me to see if you can stay with us for the weekend?" Rose asked.

"No. No, I'll probably go into the city and find my uncle Jack. He's managing his bar that's here right now, and he and other people normally let me in during the day. I just needed to talk to you." I sighed.

"Okay. Well, call me if you need. I love you." She said and pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks for letting me cry. I love you too, I'll go see if I can find Jack." I replied.

"It was no problem." She said, I could hear the smile in her voice.

When I left and walked into the nicer part of Baltimore, I could easily find the bar.

Turns out, The Rockwell was the same place my dad would go to.

Small world.

It wasn't really open during the day, but barkeeps and bouncers showed up at around noon to start everything up.

I knocked on the door before pushing it open.

"Hey! Ivy, what brings you here?" One female bartender asked. I can never remember her name.