chapter nineteen

Lisa and Alex have been going on date nights about twice a week. That's okay though. Gives me time to think. Mostly on my next hair color.

Alex said I could do it again. And Lisa never seemed to mind.

I'm thinking of mixing colors again. That was fun.

Maybe orange and red. Or maybe blue. Just blue.

I might go with blue. I'll have to text Alex and Lisa about it later to make sure it was fully okay to do.

They both texted at the same time, so they were on their way home. They didn't have their phones out at dinner.

'Hell yeah! We can go get the stuff tomorrow and get coffee again! Only I pay this time.'

That was from Alex.

'Sounds good to me! You do remember where the color bowl and brush are right?'

Lisa.

I do remember where it is, in my bathroom.

That I have to share with Jack on occasion.

When the two of them came home, they sat down on the couch with me.

"So. Blue?" Alex asked.

"Mhmm." I hummed.

"Let me show you a picture. Blueberry Gaskarth will remain." Alex said, whispering the last part.

Then pulled up a picture of himself with bright blue hair.

"There are so many more. One summer he had like pink chunky highlights. He had his hair purple. Okay. Maybe not that many more." Lisa replied.

"Grape Gaskarth, and Pink Skunk Gaskarth." Alex laughed, kinda in that low giggle he does.

So obviously I had to see pictures of those.

"Honestly, the purple suits you." I said, then got a notification on my phone.

Another comment.

Fat pig. Kill yourself, what Lisa and Alex see in you is beyond me.

Gee thanks, I'm flattered.

I deleted the comment from my Instagram and turned my phone off.

Then another buzz.

I had two Instagram accounts, my private one and my public one.

And this one person keeps popping up in my public account.

I told Alex and Lisa goodnight and went upstairs.

I had gotten around fifty notifications by the time I finished showering, brushing my teeth, and washing my face. Which took a total of like fifteen minutes to a half hour.

Seriously, how much time do these people have?

I rolled my eyes, cleared all the notifications, and put some music on before falling asleep.

When I woke up, covered in sweat and probably crying. The nightmare completely disappeared from my mind.

I grabbed my phone to shut the music off, when I saw that it was missing.

Instead, a bright orange sticky note was in its place.

When you're fully awake, come downstairs I'd like to talk to you.- Lisa

This can't be about those comments.

I groaned, rolled over. Wanting to go back to sleep. But, I got up and dressed instead. It's getting a little warmer out, so I decided on a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.