chapter nine

Blake

Alex and I woke up in the same bed.

Him with his phone still in his hand from when we were watching videos last night.

I kinda just laid in bed, waiting for Alex to get up. I kinda didn't want to get out of bed today at all.

I'm just in a mood. It'll pass.

After about an hour, Alex woke up. Which meant he could get his long ass legs off of me.

I sat up and twisted around, making all of my joints pop. Which made Alex cringe.

"Mm. I sound like a glow stick." I mumbled, popping each of my fingers, toes, and then my neck.

"That's disgusting." Alex chuckled.

"You haven't seen disgusting. Listen." I said and held my elbow up to his ear. I bent it further that I should have and it make the noise that pop rocks would make if you crushed them. That made Alex audibly gag.

"Why!" He laughed, leaning away from me.

"Because if I don't I feel all tense and shit." I replied, twisting my third knuckle on my fingers.

Alex eventually got up, while I still laid in bed. Still not wanting to leave this room all day.

At around one thirty in the afternoon or so, Alex came up.

"Have you gotten out of bed at all today?" He asked.

"I haven't moved from this position in two hours." I replied, while laying on my left side. Not even looking up at Alex when he talked to me.

"You have to get up at some point. Come on, I made lunch." He said and pulled me up.

I begrudgingly walked down the stairs and found that Alex had made sandwiches.

I picked at mine, but I ate it all. Because it would be rude if I didn't.

I really wanted to go back upstairs and lay down.

"So. Wanna tell me what's up?" He asked.

"Not really. But I'll tell you anyways. I'm just in a mood. I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to eat. I don't want to do anything." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Honey. I think that's called depression." Alex said.

"Could be. Never been diagnosed, don't wanna day I have it if I actually don't." I replied.

"Makes sense." He replied.

I eventually let Alex take me to the couch, so I'm not in my room by myself.

Where I sat, looking up at the ceiling.

"Wanna read a book?"

"No."

"Wanna watch a movie?"

"No."

"Wanna play solitaire?"

"No."

"Do you just want to talk?"

"About what?"

"Anything. What's on your mind?"

"I'm thinking about where I would be right now if you hadn't picked me up. I could be dead, back in that house. I could be on the streets. I could have been sold overseas for sex and killed afterwards." I said, listing off all the things that could have happened.

"But you were gracious enough to take me into your home and help me find a home." I added.

"Honey. You are home." Alex said.

And my wall hiding my emotions just came crumbling down.

That made me cry. It made me cry hard.

I've never had a home. I've had a house. But houses don't feel warm and inviting. They felt cold and empty. A home is full and warm.

Alex pulled to his chest, embracing me in a tight and warm hug.

I had calmed down, but he was still holding me.

"Zack told me you kneeled again." He mumbled to me.

"Yeah. Yeah I did."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I was being awful all day that day and nobody was doing anything about it. So, I did." I replied.

"Sweet heart. You don't have to do that anymore. You can be as annoying and as awful as you want. For fucks sake, you can't be as bad as Jack. You're not with him anymore. You're safe here." He told me.

All I did was nod.

Alex and I sat on the couch for a few hours, until some knocks sounded throughout the house.

"Oh shit." Alex said.

"What?" I asked.

"I forgot we were hosting a party tonight." Alex groaned as he went to go answer the door.

Parties meant people, people meant crowds, crowds meant recognition, recognitions meant somebody might end up calling the police.

And the police might take me back to his house.

"Hey! Ivy! This is Brendon and Sarah Urie. Brendon and Sarah, Ivy." Alex said.

"Hi. Nice to meet you guys." I smiled from the couch.

But why Alex was calling me Ivy? I have no idea.

"Nice to meet you too Ivy." Sarah said, while Brendon deposited a couple cases of beer into the kitchen.

I eyes those boxes until they left my sight.

As more and more people filed into the house, more and more alcohol entered as well.

And I was getting nervous.

"You okay?" Alex mumbled in my ear, a drink in his hand.

"For now." I mumbled back.

He nodded, and handed me a cup.

"It's soda." He said after he saw me eyeing it.

I nodded and took a sip, watching him walk off.

"Okay. We've got a special performance tonight. And she hasn't totally agreed to to this, she had no idea about tonight. Anyways, I'd like to introduce Miss Ivy Crowe up to the stage." I heard Alex say.

What.

I slowly walked up to where he was.

"Okay Ivy. You sang this song to Jack. And then we hit up Feldman and he told you to wait. But one little concert wouldn't hurt." He said.

All of a sudden the familiar piano tune played.

"First. I just want to say. Thank you to Alex and Lisa for taking me in. I dedicate this song to my honorary parents." I smiled, taking the microphone from Alex.

And then and there, I sang.

And after that, it was a fucking fun fest.

"I think I like being an honorary parent." Alex smiled, kissing my head.