chapter twelve

Today, February sixteenth. I am sitting in the living room, twisting the rings on my fingers as I waited for Alex to come downstairs. Tour starts tomorrow, and I'm nervous.

I'm going to be the only female for a while. This tour is only a month long, as a support for the new album.

The guys have been cranking to put out songs and the new album. They're all so good.

When Alex came down with his suitcases, he looked towards me and smiled.

Which made me relax a small bit. We have to fly out to Los Angeles to meet up with Zack there, because he had recently moved to Hawaii. And instead of making him endure a longer flight, we all made the effort to make it easier for him.

"Bye. Make sure you stay warm and don't talk to strangers. Make sure you have everything." Lisa told me.

"Mom. I'll be fine. I'm sure I'm not going to leave the guys." I told her.

She brought me into a tight hug.

When she pulled away she kissed my head.

Alex have her a long kiss and hugged her.

"I'll see you in a month." He said.

Then we grabbed out bags, went to the car, and made our way to the airport.

The car was filled with music, mainly to calm me down.

I have flown on a plane before, I mean how else would I get to spend a month with John Feldman.

It still makes me nervous. So nervous, that Alex and I went to a doctor and he prescribed me xanax so that I could fly.

"You might want to take that xanax now. Half of one." He said.

So, I dug through my carry on bag and found the pill bottle. I took it with a water that Alex and I had been sharing.

It took affect pretty quick.

"Alex. I don't like this." I told him.

"Like what? The medication?" He asked.

"No. I don't like that I'm aware of my own breathing." I replied.

Which made Alex snort out a laugh.

When we got into the airport, I had the urge to touch Alex's hair. His arms.

"Ivy. Give the nice lady your pass port and your plane ticket." Alex told me.

I had the tightest grip on the ticket and passport, and the lady was tugging as hard as she could.

"I'm going to let it go now." I said, so she eased up on the pulling. I let go of the stuff and she stamped my passport.

She handed it back to me and I had managed to thank her.

We went through security and went to the waiting area to wait on our plane.

When we got on the plane, the mix of altitude with the xanax I had taken made me feel weird. Not weird as in I'm going to throw up. Weird as in I'm actually insane.

I was picking at my hands, I was chewing on my fingers.

"Let's just take these out of your mouth. And replace it with this." Alex said and took my hands away from my mouth. And stuck a stick of gum in my mouth.

Minty.

Then I went through this thing where I traced the flower tattoo on his hand, and the skull behind his ear, and the skeleton on his forearm.