chapter forty

I never knew how dependent I could be on someone.

Dylan and I walked the halls, after I had completely slept off most of the anesthesia.

Mom helped me put another gown on, only backwards because I was not about to show everybody my ass.

He held his hand on the small of my back, while I held onto my pole.

"Tap me twice if you get tired okay?" He asked.

I nodded.

Throughout the night, I became more dependent, and I hated it.

Everybody left except for Alex and Dylan. Mom went home with Tom. Everybody was staying at the house or with their families.

Dylan was sleeping in a chair by my bed.

Alex was dead to the world when he sleeps.

I nudged Dylan, until he woke up. I kept a small light on so he could see.

"Hmm?" He hummed quietly.

I pointed to the bathroom.

"Bathroom? Okay. Sit up slowly." He said.

He helped me walk to the bathroom, and waited outside of the door for me.

I came back out, he helped me back to bed, and he fell back asleep.

I barely slept. I had slept throughout most of the day today.

I played on my phone, Austin and I texted. He said we were apparently 'twinning' as he was in the hospital as well.

My night was very boring to say the least.

When it was finally time to go home, at ten in the morning, I was happy as hell. Still a little out of it, but happy.

Lisa came and got us.

Dylan helped me into the backseat, and he sat directly beside me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted him.

"Hey Lisa. Ivy wants to know if it's safe for her to lay down." Dylan read out loud.

"She can't lay down. She's got to be elevated. Just let her lay with her back on your chest." She said.

Dylan leaned up against the window, and I sat between his legs and leaned against him.

"Hey, wake up. You're at home now." Dylan said.

I nodded and sat up enough so he could get out.

The next couple days were a blur. I stayed on the couch most of the time. Lisa helped me wash my hair and helped me take a bath.

I tried to do it myself but I got physically tired.

Dylan stayed with me a lot. He even went and got me bags of ice from Sonic. Sometimes I needed to get out so we'd go for drives. Only for about ten minutes or so because turning made my head hurt.

Another thing that he did, was he wouldn't eat in front of me. He would eat while I was asleep or taking a shower. Because he knew how hungry I was.

"The swelling is going down quite a bit though." Dylan told me, handing me a couple ice packs.

"Are you hungry? You need to have your smoothie."

I nodded.

"Which one? The green, purple, or the red one?"

Since we knew basic ASL, I told him green.

"That's got avocado, banana, and spinach. Right? And then you put coconut milk and yoghurt in it?"