chapter thirty-five

Today is Friday, Dylan is taking me home after swim practice that way we all can have dinner and watch movies.

"You ready to leave?" Dylan asked. He watched the team practice so he wouldn't have to come back to the school to pick me up.

"Yeah, let me grab my stuff from the locker room." I replied.

Dylan nodded and we walked to the locker room together. He waited outside of the doors while I went inside.

"Whos the hot guy outside of the locker room?" Bri asked.

"His name is Dylan. He works at the nice Italian place on Thames Street." I said.

"Okay. Better question is why is he outside of the locker room?" Sarah, a senior, asked.

"He's driving me home." I replied, getting all of my stuff together while putting my sweatpants on.

"And your dad is okay with that? You know, after what happened with Dean." Bri said.

"He's the one who suggested that. Dylan is coming over for dinner and we're watching The Conjuring movies." I said.

Bri wiggled her eyebrows as I was leaving.

"Don't be nasty." I said as I walked out with my swim bag and backpack.

Dylan chucked, and offered to take one of my bags.

"I can carry them, its fine." I replied, but he took my back pack anyways.

When we got to his car, a beautiful back 1970 Ford Mustang. Dylan opened the passenger side door for me.

"Wow. Lovely home." Dylan said after opening my door.

"Thanks." I said.

"Momma! I'm home! Dylan is here with me!" I yelled the minute I opened the door.

"Hey! Dinner isn't quite done yet, but will you go out and get your dad?" Lisa asked.

I nodded and brought Dylan with me.

"Dad spends most of his time out here.