chapter twenty five

It's been a year since little Tom was born. And boy is that little shit getting into everything.

The dogs have to have their water bowls outside now, because Tom will play in the water. No cords in his reach, he will chew them. Oh, and he will hide things from you.

He's started walking a bit, he falls down a lot. I'm actually the one who taught him how to crawl and how to walk.

I kind of felt bad, because I took the experience away from Alex and Lisa. But they helped. We all worked on it every day.

Also, a big event at school is happening. Our Snowball Dance.

It's right around the end of October or the early bit of November, because nobody really wants to get out in the actual snow for a dance.

Right now, I was looking at dresses. Dean asked me to the dance, and I was more than happy to go with him, because we had been secretly dating for four months.

We had told his mom, but I wasn't comfortable telling my parents yet.

It's a black and white event, so I would like a dress that catered to both.

Right now I'm out with Alex, Lisa is sick at the moment.

Alex and I were meeting with a consultant.

"So, this dance is black and white. So I'd like a dress that catered to both. I would like something like a corset, so maybe the top be white lace, and the bottom be a pleated black with black tulle underneath? Not a lot, just to fill it a little bit." I suggested.

"That sounds lovely. We actually have something like that in store right now, if you'd want to try it on?" Our consultant, Ruby, asked.

"Sure." I replied.

So, we stood and followed her.

And the dress was absolutely gorgeous.

She and I went into a changing room, where I put the dress on and she tied it up for me.

I walked out to meet Alex, and to look in the mirror.

"Do you think it could be altered a little? Just a little bit of the tulle." I said.

"Of course."

"Dad, what do you think?" I asked, turning from the mirror.

"You look phenomenal. I'd pair that with those black lace heels that you wore to Rian's Christmas party last year." Alex said.

"Ooh! I loved those heels, I just didn't have any formal event to wear them to."

"Alright, it's settled then. We'll take this one then, have the alterations done." Alex said.

"Okay. And it shouldn't take long, we do alterations here rather than sending them off, so you could get the dress back by this afternoon." Ruby said.

"Okay. Do I need to leave a number or anything?" Alex asked.

"Yes. And make the payment after the alterations, since you're taking material off we do give a discount on the dress." Ruby said.

Alex signed off on the dress, and we went to the rest of the mall to look at random shit. I did need to get Jack his birthday present because I kinda forgot.

I found a Brittney Spears hoodie and figured that would suit him just fine.

So I bought it, and Alex and I wandered around the mall until he got the call that the dress was ready.

Ruby, the consultant, had me try on the dress again to be sure it was how I wanted it.

"It's perfect! Thank you so much for your help. Now, I feel like I'm dying can you get me out of this thing?" I chuckled.