chapter eight

As Lisa blow dried my hair, I really saw the color.

And I really liked it.

Then, Lisa turned the blow drier off.

"Whoa." I whispered, leaning up against the counter and touching my hair.

"Like it?" She asked.

"Love it." I smiled.

Alex and Jack went down to the livingroom to watch TV while Lisa blow dried the mass amounts of hair I had.

So, I went down to show them.

"Ooh! Is it done!" Jack asked excitedly as he heard me walking down the stairs.

"Completely done." I replied.

I stepped in front of him and Alex. Only to have Jack run up to me and touching my hair.

"It's so pretty!" He squealed.

And that ended up turning into me teaching Jack how to braid. Because he wanted to learn.

Eventually, Alex joined in.

Alex's was really good, while Jack's was a little loose.

They still looked good though.

"Gold star." I said.

Later on the next day, Alex brought be down to the home recording studio in the basement.

"You have some artistic integrity, I need your opinion on something." He said and sat me down in a rollie chair.

He messed with some buttons and music started to play.

"I'm fucking rolling, like bottles on the shelf. Pour one more chaser for me."

It's Alex.

When the song was over, he looked at me.

"What do ya think?" He asked.

"It sounds amazing. The only thing I would truly change, again. This is just me. Put a little more teenage angst in your voice. Mind if I go in to tell you what I'm talking about?" I asked.

"Sure." He said, so I opened the door.

I slipped the headphones on my head.

He gave me a thumbs up, signaling that he was ready.

"Okay, first. Numbers. Gets people excited. Vegas Lights by Panic! At The Disco? The 'Five four three two one more time'? Legit everybody's favorite part. So, I feel like start with numbers and end with them. Like you're counting up to the start of the song, then counting down to end to it. Then that, I feel like, flows perfectly into the next song. So I'd start with a 'One two three four!' Then end in 'four three two one!'" I explained.

"Okay. Maybe wanna sing that so I can sample it? Like the whole song?" He asked.

"Sure." I said and nodded.

I had so much fun doing that. Every time I paused to take a breath, Alex was smiling. Like he was proud. A smile I didn't get too often.

When I was at the end, I screamed the 'Four, three, two, one'.

"That was awesome. I'm gonna send that to Feldman, I wanna see if we can go out later this month and retrack that." Alex told me when I walked out of the booth.

"Wait. We?" I asked.

"Yeah. All five of us. Jack, Rian, Zack, me and you. I feel like you could take something away from spending some time with Feldy." Alex said, pressing some buttons.