chapter twenty six

The morning after, I woke up to Lisa and Alex screaming at each other.

It's become a reoccurring occasion.

I released myself from Zack's grip, and went to go see what was happening.

"You can't just leave! What about Tom and Ivy!" Lisa yelled.

"We've has this tour planned for months! It's just a fall tour!" Alex yelled back.

"If you take Ivy with you, what about Tom?"

"Ivy can't go anyways, she has school."

"What on God's green earth made you decide that it would be a good idea to start yelling at each other at, five thirty in the morning?" I asked.

"Sorry Ivy. Go back to bed." Lisa said softly.

"No. What's going on between you two?" I asked.

"He's leaving more and more." Lisa replied.

"Only to provide for my family!" Alex snapped back.

"Do you think that there's a way to discuss this without yelling at each other at this time of day?" I asked.

"I mean. I guess." Alex mumbled.

"Good. Figure it out. Now, later today. I'm going out with Zack to pick up my bass and the rest of my cash. I won the bet. Then I'm going to the gym with him. By the time I get back, I want all of this worked out. Okay?" I asked.

They didn't answer.

"I said, okay?" I added.

"Okay. Sorry for all the yelling." Alex said.

"You better be. Go to bed, or don't. I'm making breakfast."

"Congrats on winning that bet by the way." Lisa said, giving me a hug.

I thanked her, then went to make breakfast.

Eggs, English muffins, and mushrooms.

It honestly didn't take long to make.

When we ate, I finished first so I could change into a pair of leggings and the new sports bra that All Time Low did with Ethika.

I threw on a tank top that I knew I was gonna take off as soon as I walked into the gym.

But I had a feeling that Zack and I weren't going to the gym. I had a feeling we were going hiking.

And we did! We ended up going hiking.

I checked the Fitbit, that Zack got for me as a birthday present, for how long we had walked for.

"Four miles!? We did good. But I'm starving, and we need to go check out basses." I said as we started to walk to his car.

"Actually. I already got it. I just got a text from Alex saying it was here." Zack said and held up his hand.

We were standing by his car, and I forgot I had his keys clipped to my sports bra.

I detached them and tossed them.

Zack unlocked the car, but kinda stood there.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You wanna drive us to your house?"

"Wait. Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yea. Why not?" He smiled and tossed the keys back to me.

I've actually driven before, it was a couple years ago. I had to pick John up from a bar. I was nine.

Zack's sonata was a lot different than what I drove.