chapter five

I felt somebody lightly putting covers over me. I don't remember falling asleep.

"Is she okay?" A male voice asked.

"She said something about playing The Beatles and how she shouldn't have." Another male voice said.

"Her life must be really bad if she can't associate music with remembering somebody. She doesn't want to forget them. But she can't listen to their favorite music either. It makes her sad." A soft voice said.

Not Lisa though.

"Let's leave her alone." The first male voice suggested.

I then heard tearing of paper. Paper by the nightstand.

"No!" I yelled, jolting up out of a half sleeping state.

Turns out, there was another notebook or something of that nature in the nightstand drawer. Not my notebook.

"I just looked insane, didn't I?" I asked the person beside me, who was Jack.

"Just a little. You okay?" He asked, sitting down beside me.

All I did was shrug. I don't know how I felt.

Sad, tired. Mostly sad.

"I should have never played the Beatles." I whispered.

"You Hungry? Or do you want some water?" The softer voice said. The one that didn't sound like Lisa.

I think his name is Zack, if I remember correctly.

"Some water please." I whispered.

He brought me a large glass, with ice and a straw.

"Thank you." I said, taking small sips.

"You're welcome. Do you need some time alone?" He asked.

"I think I just need people around me right now. Can we watch a movie or something?" I asked.

"I have a movie that I think you'd like." The one with the teeth said. I'm pretty sure his name is Rian.

He brought a laptop out of nowhere and connected it to the TV.

"This is one of the greatest movies of all time. Well. So far. None of us have a favorite." Rian said.

The Twentieth Century Fox logo popped up and some amazing vocals.

"Is it a musical." I gasped.

"Sure is." Rian said and climbed into the bed with me.

"Wait! Pause it and help me move the mattress onto the Floor! Sleep over party!" Jack yelled, being overly excited.

I scrambled off the bed and helped move the king sized mattress onto the floor. Zack came back with an arm full of blankets and Rian with an arm full of pillows. With Alex and Lisa trailing in.

"What are you doing?" Alex smirked, leaning against the door frame.

"Nuffin." I said, while Jack yelled,"Sleep over!"

"Did she just say 'nuffin'? That was so cute!" Rian squealed.

We all got situated and Rian pressed play. Lisa and Alex joined us as well.

I felt like I was in complete awe.

The choreography and vocals. Wow.

"Whats this called?" I whispereď.

"The Greatest Showman." Rian told me.

I watched intently, looking over every detail. I was completely sucked in.

And before I knew it, the movie was over.

"Wow." I sighed.

We spent most of the day watching movies.

Jack scrolled through Rian's Netflix account, whatever that was, and started laughing.

"Who wants to watch Emo the Musical?" He said while laughing.

Jack really couldn't contain himself. At all.

"Let the boy play what he wants." Zack sighed, getting comfortable again.

He had gotten up and down so many times. Going to get snacks and drinks.

So, Jack hit play and ran back to the bed.

Halfway through the movie. I noticed some familiar faces, and I don't think that they noticed.

"How do you go back on this thing?" I asked, walking up to the laptop. Rian helped me out.

"Stop! There." I said and pointed to the screen.

"Why are you guys in this? On a poster." I added, looking closer. They looked younger.

"Oh my god! We're in Emo The Musical! We made it to Netflix!" Jack yelled, exctatc.

"But why? You're not famous or anything. Right?" I asked. I'm genuinely so confused.

"Remember those loosers I mentioned yesterday?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. All Time Low."

"Honey. That's us." Zack said, sitting up.

"And you didn't think to tell me this?" I asked.

"With everything happening, I didn't think it was the right time. We would have told you. Just not right now." Alex explained.

"I'm glad you thought about me first before dropping this bomb." I said.

I overreact about everything. A minor inconvenience happens and I suddenly just want to die.

Like those eggs earlier today. I was so upset over nothing.

"I'll be right back." I said and grabbed my water cup.

I walked to the kitchen and dumped the remaining water down the sink.

I opened the cabinet and searched for the rice and grits. I was being an absolute pain and nobody was doing anything about it, so I was going to do it myself.

I mixed the rice and grits on the floor, split the pile in two. I rolled up my leggings and heald onto the counter as I kneeled down.

I was behind the island, so hopefully nobody would see me unless they went to the sink.

"Ow. Ow." I whimpered as I shifted slightly.

"What the hell are you doing!" I heard someone yell.

I looked up to see Zack, with two empty glasses in his hands.

"Umm. I. I don't have a good answer." I said, not moving at all.

Zack set the glasses down and took my hands into his.

He pulled me up and dusted the leftover grits off of my knees, which had just started to bleed.

"Are you okay? Why were you doing that?" He asked as he sat me down in one of the kitchen stools.

"Because I was being a bother all day and nobody was doing anything about it, so I did." I whispered.

"You didn't have to do that though." He told me as he got out the first aid kit from one of the kitchen cabinets.

I felt like I had to though.

He dabbed my knees with hydrogen peroxide, which stung and bubbled. But it's a sensation I know all too well. It never really bothered me.

He asked me to stand up so he could wrap my knees in bandages.

"Promise me that you'll never do that again." Zack said.

"I don't make promises I can't keep." I replied.