chapter seventeen

Rian and I talked just about the whole time we were at lunch.

Rian made me do a bunch of boomerangs for his instagram stories.

We eventually had to get back to the venue, because Rian needed to do sound check and I needed to help set stuff up.

We had to get an Uber to get us back to the venue on time.

When we got to the venue, I jumped out of the Uber. I ran inside, when I got stopped by security.

"Listen. I've been on this tour, I literally came in here to shower earlier. Rian will be here in a minute." I said, turned to see Rian running towards me.

"It's okay sir, she's with me." Rian said, slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"Fine." The security guard said and rolled his eyes.

We got in, and I ran to help anybody that needed it.

"Hey, Ivy. We need you to come help Rian. He's in the green room bathroom right now. Bring water." Greico said through the radio.

Somethings wrong. I ran to get a water from a vending machine and then sprinted to go help Rian.

"Ow. Fuck."

He's crying. Must be hurt pretty bad for him to cry.

"Hey. What happened?" I asked, handing him the water.

"We were doing pyro and a spark hit me in the eye. Will you hold my monitor cords?" He said, stood up and held his eye open. He then proceeded to slowly pour water into his eye.

I held back the cords so they wouldn't get wet, and watched him closely.

The guys came in, asking questions on if he was okay or not.

"I'm fine, I just burned my fucking eyeball." Rian snapped.

"Does it feel any better?" I quietly asked.

"Better than it did before. Thanks for helping out." He said, in a much softer tone.

"No problem, just glad you're okay. Can you see out of that eye at all?"

"Yeah." He replied.

Then, when they did the show. I tensed up when the pyro flares came up,

Luckily, we didn't have to run more water in Rian's eye.

It made me visibly relax, until Alex called me out on stage.

"So, I'd like to welcome someone special out to the stage. I'll give you a small backstory. Lisa and I had just come back from her parents house, late April or early May of last year. And this beautiful young lady was walking alone in the pouring rain. So, naturally Lisa and I freaked out and offered this girl a ride home. Then a bunch of horrific stuff happened, she told us about her home life. And eight, almost nine months later. We welcomed this girl into our life, officially. Ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to introduce to you, Ivy Ilene Gaskarth." Alex said, and it was my cue to walk out on stage.

I waved a bit, I'm overly nervous.

"So, this is my daughter." Alex smiled, to which the crowd let out an 'aw'.

"Hi! Listen, I'm hella nervous." I said into the mic, to which I heard a girl scream 'Bitch me too!'

I laughed a bit.

Then, Alex asked if I would sing with him.

"I don't know, is Jack's dick tiny?" I smirked.

I looked over at Jack, who had looked down his pants, and looked at me sadly.

"That's a yes ladies and gentlemen." Alex laughed, and the crowd laughed with him.

I did Remembering Sunday with him, and a familiar face pulled me off stage.

"Mister Brendon Urie. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm doing really good. I'd like to thank you for that CD you made Sarah and I for Christmas. It was beautiful. But, I'm going to need you to put this on. Sarah's getting stuff ready for you in the green room." Brendon said, giving me a hug and holding out a whole ass outfit.

Vices And Virtues theme.

So, I ran to the green room and put the outfit on. And my god.

Fairly tight, black jeans, a white button up, and a red bow tie. Completed with black suspenders and my own converse I was wearing throughout the night.

Then, I walked into the green room where Sarah had makeup laid out.

And then, when she finished. I literally looked like the physical embodiment of Vices and Virtues.

"Did Brendon tell you what was happening?" She asked as we walked back to stage.

Oh god. I already knew what was happening when Brendon told me to put an outfit on.

"This next song, is one by a good friend of mine. Mister Brendon Urie. But, he will not be performing tonight. Instead, Ivy will. She sings this song a lot." Alex smirked.

I sighed and walked out.

"Will you roll my sleeves for me?" I asked and  held my arms out.

He rolled them up, handed me a mic, and walked side stage.

"Um. Hi, again. I was not fully aware that I would be doing this tonigh so bear with me." I said into the mic, and Nearly Witches started to play.

I looked side stage and saw another familiar face. John Feldman.

He smiled at me, and nodded his head once.

I smiled back and continued to sing, doing my favorite parts from when Brendon did this live in Vegas in 2009.

When I finished, the crowd roared.

"And now, back to your scheduled program. Welcome back to the stage, Alex Gaskarth. For those of you named Maria, he's gonna count you in." I winked, and handed my mic to Alex.

"Beautiful performance." Feldman said, pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks Feldy." I replied.

"I think you're ready." He said.

"Wait. Really?" I asked.

"Hell yeah."