chapter thirteen

As I sat on the bus, the guys still asleep. It's like four in the morning, I had woken up to go to the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I had grabbed a book and turned the front lounge lights on.

I had gotten through the beginning of the book, when the words started to look a little fuzzy.

Whatever, I've probably just been reading too much.

But then I went to look at the book title, and it looked fine.

Shit.

At around seven, Zack walked out.

"Morning." He yawned.

"Morning. Sleep well?" I asked.

"Yeah. You?"

"Great until I had to pee at four in the morning, so I just stayed up." I shrugged.

"Do some good reading?"

"Until it got blurry." I replied.

"You should probably get your eyes checked." Zack said, grabbing a water from the fridge.

He pulled another out and shook it. Asking in silence if I wanted one.

"Please. Thank you." I said when he handed me the water.

We sat in silence, a comfortable silence.

"You're still wearing the rings?" Zack asked, sounding surprised.

"Of course I am. I only take them off to shower, I tried once and my hair got tangled around them. But I put them back on straight afterwards." I replied.

I like to twist them around when I'm nervous.

Rian was the next person to wall out, giving me a small wave and grabbing a water.

"I want coffee." He grumbled as he sat down beside me.

"Suck it up. Drink your water." I said.

He glared at me, but drank his water anyway.

Alex was the next person to get up, at nine thirty.

"Morning." He yawned.

He came and sat by me, leaned his head on my shoulder, and started twirling his hair.

"You still tired?" I asked.

"A little bit. I didn't sleep too well last night." He replied, followed by a yawn.

Jack stumbled out of the bunk alley just half an hour later, looking just as tired.

"Morning fuckers." He said, sitting directly on Rian's lap.

"Get off of me." Rian groaned and pushed Jack off of him.

Jack then resorted to just sitting on the floor, while he hooked my left leg and Alex's right leg over his shoulders.

We all just sat in tired silence, and I'm pretty sure Alex had fallen asleep again.

I was the only one who wasn't yawning, and I'm always tired.

I had moved my arm, the one that Alex was leaning on, and put it around his shoulders. I ran my fingers through his hair, that he had recently dyed blond.

He pushed his head into my hand, so I scratched at his scalp a little, and he made a satisfied hum.

Then Jack fell asleep again, his head leaning on my thigh.

Which was gross, because I was wearing shorts and he started drooling.

"Do you want them off of you?" Zack chuckled.