Shoulder to Cry On ~ Dean x Reader

You had hunted with the Winchesters for a year or so, and you had left behind your family when you left with them. Yeah, can't have connections when you hunt, that's the rule. Anyways, you cut off all communications with your family and you hadn't talked to them since the night you left.

You were currently sitting in the bunker with Sam and Dean. You were in the library with Sam while Dean was sleeping.

"We got a hunt." Sam announced from across the table.

"Great, where is it?" You ask.

"Well apparently in (T/N), (S/N) a family was brutally murdered." Sam read, "Bodies were mutilated and shredded."

Your mouth went dry. That was your hometown where your family lived. That couldn't be them... or could it?
No, it wasn't, you left them and they were safe.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"Fine, fine. Just-a thinking, yeah thinking." You hazily reply.

"We'll get Dean up and head out." Sam got up and rounded the corner to Dean's room.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

You were back in the town where you grew up, back where your family lived.

Dean was driving to the crime scene and you were nervously sitting in the back. The Impala kept getting closer and closer to your street. He turned off on your street and then you saw it. The house surrounded by police officers. It was yours.

"Okay, (Y/N), remember, you are the niece playing sad and innocent, remember?" Dean reassured.

You nodded. You didn't trust your voice right now. Dean stopped the car and walked up to the nearest police officer.

"Excuse me, sir." Dean flashed his fake ID, "Agents Phelps and Grint. We are here to check on the recent murders."

"Got here just in time, they were about to lug the bodies off."

"This is their niece and she wanted to see for herself," Sam didn't finish the sentence because the bodies were dragged out of the house.

Your breath hitched in your throat and you felt like you were going to puke. The shredded bodies of your family were laid in front of you like an arrangement.

Tears clawed at your eyes and you wanted to scream. The tears came and Dean winked at you, thinking it was all fake.

You had to run off from the site, Dean and Sam quickly following you. You rushed into the closest ally and started to sob uncontrollably.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"What's wrong?" Dean added.

A look of realization crossed Dean's face.

"Oh- I'm- I mean- I'm sorry and I wish I could do something." He said glumly.

You leaned into his chest and continued to cry. He protectively wrapped his arms around you and let you cry into his shirt.

"It's all my-y fault!" You cried.

Dean forcefully grabbed your shoulders and looked you in the eye.

"It is not your fault. You did everything you could to keep them safe. You made the sacrifice of leaving them to keep them safe. It's not your fault." Dean said sternly.

"If anything it's our faults for dragging you into this life." Sam added.

"Just don't blame yourself because it wasn't your fault." Dean pulled you back into his chest.

Sam whispered something to Dean before rushing off. You and Dean stood there for a few moments before you heard the unmistakable purr of the Impala. Dean lead you to the back seat and got in next to you. He still held you to his chest while you continued to cry.

When you got back to the bunker, Dean pulled you inside. You had run out of tears and now you were just shaking in his arms. He lead you to your room and gently placed you on the bed.

He turned to leave but you grabbed his wrist and whispered, "Please."

He hesitated before sliding in next to you.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

You wake up late the next morning and you notice that Dean was gone. You are slammed with yesterday's events and you suddenly feel sick. You weep, but you don't cry, you don't have any tears left. You lay in the be for minutes that seem like years and finally get up.

You slowly saunter to the kitchen and see that Dean is making food. He turns to place something on the table when he notices you.

"In the mood to eat?" He asks. You nod, "I made some burgers for lunch, want one or do you want me to make you something else?"

"'s fine," you mumble. Dean lays a burger out in front of you and you eat it rather quickly.

"Where's Sam?" You ask when you finish.

"Went on the hunt." Dean replied without looking up.

"Alone?" You ask.

"Yep. Sam's a big boy, he can take on the bitch on his own." Dean answered.

"I hope he's alright." You quietly mumble.

"Don't worry, Sam's not helpless, he won't die or get hurt." Your breath hitched in your throat. Your family was helpless and that's why they died. Your little brother died at the age of eight because he couldn't defend himself. He died because you weren't their to save him.

He was dead because of you.

Dean noticed that he said something wrong and was trying to comfort you once more.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

It had been a few months since your family died and you were slowly getting better. Dean had gotten closer to you and you enjoyed having someone to talk to.

There was one thing that Dean always said when you were seriously down.

"I'll always be here as your shoulder to cry on."