Getting to Know the Winchesters ~ Sam X Sherlock Sister!Blind!Reader

Part 2 to 'Meeting the Winchesters' enjoy!
_*_*_*_*_*_*_
The following days were not easy for you. They did allow you to go home, but that didn't make things better. You were blind. That's all there was to it. You lost your sight because you were weak and couldn't fight of the shapeshifter.

The Winchesters had arranged to stay for a few weeks because they felt like they owed it to you to be there until you adjusted.

"(Y/N), John and I are going out, will you be fine here with Mrs. Hudson?" Sherlock asked.

You didn't reply and you knew Sherlock was blaming himself for all of this. You reached to your pocket and pulled out your phone and put in your earbuds, not bothering to pay any attention to Sherlock. Your songs played on a loop and you suddenly realized that you could no longer try and show up Sherlock, or be useful at all without your eyes. You had lost everything that made Sherlock and Mycroft love you. They always did used to say you had beautiful eyes.

A tear slipped down your face and soon you were silently sobbing into your hands. You obviously didn't notice when Sam walked into the room.

He noticed your crying and sat down next to you and wrapped an arm around you. He even pulled out your earbuds.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What do you think?" You cried, "I'm useless. I can't do anything now! I can't even live up to the Holmes name!"

"You are not useless. You can do anything you want, you just can't let your eyes get you down." Sam reassured you.

"Yeah? I can do anything? What if I wanted to travel? I couldn't do that alone?" You question.

"Who would even want to travel alone?" Sam answered.

"What if I wanted to read a book?"

"Audiobook."

"What if I wanted to watch a tv show?"

"Well that may be a but harder."

"Yeah, harder, more like impossible."

"You gotta look at the bright side."

"I would love to look."

"You know what I mean."

"Would you care to tell me about the bright side? I sure ain't seeing one."

Before Sam could answer, Dean walked in.

"Sherlock asked me to check on her. But I see you have it all under control." You hear the footsteps leave and know Dean left.

"Sam, Do you think Sherlock still loves me?" You ask.

"Of coarse he does! He always will." Sam answered, "Besides, what's not to love? You're smart, pretty, and sarcastic! Like the perfect girl."

"Really?" You skeptically ask.

"Really." He answers, "Wanna go and get some coffee from the cafe on the corner?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

You get up and Sam immediately locks his arm with yours, leading you. That's how you stay all the way to the cafe. You order your drinks and chat a little with Sam.

After a while Sam asks, "Do you know the creepy guy who keeps staring at us?"

"Can you describe him?"

"He's got a suit on, an umbrella-"

"It's Mycroft." You tell Sam.

"Mycroft?" Sam questions.

"My other annoying brother. He's the oldest." You explain.

"You have two brothers?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. It's tough because even though I was the youngest, I always had to keep them strait." You tell Sam.

"Will he stop staring?" Sam asked.

"If we leave and he follows us, he wants to talk to me, if we leave and he doesn't follow us, you aren't safe because this looks like a date to him and I bet Sherlock hasn't got around to telling him, although he most likely knows already." You say.

"So, do we leave?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, let's go." You get up and Sam locks your arm with his again and you leave the cafe.

"He's still following us." Sam observed.

"Lead me into an alleyway." You demand. Sam does what you ask and soon Mycroft joins you.

"What are you doing? In your condition I would say that you should be resting, not walking about." He said.

"My condition?" You sneer.

"Yes, all of those wounds can't be healed by now." He stated.

"So you haven't heard?" You ask, voice breaking.

"I heard you were captured and beaten nearly to death. What more is there?" Mycroft questioned.

"Well, I expected you to know, O powerful British government. Or at least for Sherlock to tell you." You say sadly.

"What. Happened?" Mycroft demanded.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" You ask him, holding up three fingers.

"What does this have to do with anything? Look at me and tell me the truth."

"It'd be nice if I could." You say on the verge of tears, "Sam, take me back to the flat."

Sam grabs your arm and pulls you back to 221b where Sherlock is waiting.

"Where were you?" He demands.

"Why didn't you tell Mycroft?" You ask in a hushed whisper.

"Tell him what? He knows that you were taken and hurt severely." Sherlock says.

"Sam and I met him at the little cafe and he didn't know that I was..." You pause, not able to say the word, "Blind. Why didn't you tell him?"

"He said he knew everything that happened!" Sherlock argued.

"Well he doesn't." You say as you carefully walk back to your room that is next to Sherlock's.

**(SHERLOCK POV)**

Mycroft didn't know. He didn't know she was blind. How could he not know? He knew everything that happened.

"Sherlock! I'm back!" John yelled into the flat. I disregarded him like I usually did when thinking.

She was so mad at me, or at herself, I couldn't tell because she was so broken. She didn't talk much and she sat around all day.

She said that Sam had gone with her when she went out, either he pulled her there or she wanted to but needed someone to go with her. The ladder seemed more likely since we hadn't really let her out of the flat.

"John go get Sam." I ordered. John huffed and mumbled something I didn't hear before going to get him.

In a matter of seconds Sam was standing in front of me.

"You called?" Sam stated.

"Yes, I know that you went to the cafe with (Y/N) and I have a question." I said, "Was she happy?"

"Well, I guess." Sam answered.

"I just don't know what to do. It feels like she hates me." I muttered.

"Actually, it's about the opposite. When I walked up here she was crying because she thought you wouldn't love her anymore because she could no longer do deductions. I think you should just treat her how you did before but add little things for her protection." Sam said.

"You care for her, don't you?" I asked.

"What? Uh, well..." He stuttered. He blushed, the answer was yes. He did like her.

"You would be good for her." I said before walking out the door to go see Mycroft. We had some things to talk about.