1

I wake to the feeling of something slamming onto my body. "Kelsie wake up, its like 1pm!" Millie screams in my face, bouncing on my bed to try to get me to wake up.
I groan and pull the covers over my head, wanting to sleep forever. "Whats the point" i say sleepily. Millie stops jumping and pulls the covers off my bed. "Oh come on Kels. You dont really want to lay in bed all day, lets go to the beach or something!" I sigh and sit up, looking around my room. After my junior year i moved out to California and am currently living in a house with Millie, Ella, and Sadie.
And i was currently depressed out of my mind. Finn and I had managed to make long distance work for a couple months, then one day we just slowly drifted away from eachother. He got super busy, and even more famous. We used to write letters to eachother all the time, and send eachother stuff, but one day he just stopped writing back. We used to text all day everyday, and FaceTime every night, but now we text like once a month, if i was lucky. He just got so busy, and so did i. I was working my ass off at this sucky job, trying to earn enough money to move out here and start a new life for myself. Ellas mom had moved to Florida with her boyfriend and left the house for us, but we couldnt afford to keep it, so we had to move. Millie and Sadie came to visit all the time, so we just decided to buy a house out there so they didnt have to keep flying out. And now we all live together. But as fun as it was living with them and partying every night, a part of me was missing.
And that part was Finn.
"Cole and Austin are meeting us at the beach" sadie says, walking into my room. That got me right out of bed. Cole and I had been spending a lot of time together, and i knew he liked me. I didnt have any feelings for him what so ever, but it was a way to get my mind off Finn. Cole wasnt too bad looking either, but he was definitely not Finn. Not even close.
I got up and picked out a cute black one piece and braided my hair. I checked my self out in the mirror, and i looked cute as fuck, like always.
Im just kidding.
When we got to the beach, we met up with Cole and Austin. "Hey baby" Cole says, wrapping his arm around my waist. I puke mentally, but just give him a fake smile. We set our stuff down and lay down on the sand.
Ella and Austin head out to the water together, and the rest of us lay trying to get some sun. I had been laying for about 15 minutes, and was about to drift off to sleep when a bunch of ice cold water hit my face, bursting me awake.
Cole stands over me with a bucket and an evil smile on his face.
"What the fuck!!" I yell, standing up. Cole just laughs and throws me over his shoulder, bringing me to the water. "Cole, you better not fucking drop m-" before i can finish the sentence, he drops me straight into the water. I come up, spitting out the water i swallowed, and glare at him. He just laughs even harder. Suddenly, Ella grabs my arm.
"Lets go get food" she says in a way that only i would understand. To anyone else, they would think she was asking, but since i knew her so well i knew that it wasnt an option,  she had something to tell me. "Well be right back" i say to Cole, giving him another fake smile. If it were up to me i would never come back. Oh well.
We walk up to the food stand, and ella pulls me aside. "Dude, whats up?" I ask, getting worried. "Theyre here" she says, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Um okay, can you be more specific?" "Jack, Sophia, Jaeden, and Finn are here" my jaw drops, and i look all around the beach trying to find them.
"W-where are they? I dont see them?" "Theyre to your left. Dont look though. Lets just get some food, okay?" I nod and we get in line.
Just as we are about to order, i hear "kelsie? ella?" I spin around to see Sophia. "Oh my god HEY!" She yells, giving me a big bear hug. "Sophia oh my god ive missed you so much!" I say, hugging her tightly.
I really have. Weve stayed in touch and shes visited a few times, but we dont talk as often as we used to because shes gotten busy too.
"Dude ive missed you guys so much you dont even know" she says, pulling away and giving Ella a hug. We get out of line and sit down at a table. "So how have you been lately" i ask, sitting next to her. "Eh, the usual. Ive been so busy lately, with filming and everything. I get like two hours of sleep a night, its kinda crazy. But we just wrapped up all our shooting so were free for the rest of the summer. I live here full time now, we pretty much all do. Why are you guys here?"
"Well things back home didnt really work out, so we worked our asses off to earn enough money to move out here. We live with Millie and Sadie" i explain, pointing over to where they were still sun bathing. Sophia notices the boys laying on towels next to them "who are those boys?" "Friends" Ella says, giving me a look. "Yeah we met them like a couple months ago at this party and now were friends"
"ah. What have you guys been up to since youve been out here?" Ella and I give eachother a look "eh nothing much. We both do school online since we moved out here in the middle of the year, but thats over now since its summer. I work at this little diner on the beach about 10 minutes down from here"
i dont want to tell her how i party every night to try to forget about Finn. Im too scared to even look at him, i dont know why. I just feel like if i look at him im gonna break down, and he's obviously moved on, so i need to too.
"Whats the diner called?"
"Ruby's, its down on at the end of the boardwalk" "oh yeah, i think ive been there! hey do you guys want to go say hi to everyone? theyd love to see you" sophia says, and my heart drops. Of course i want to see them, but i dont know if ill be strong enough. But i know what i have to do.
"Yeah definitely!" I say, and she stands up and leads us over to them.
"Look what i found" Sophia says, getting all their attentions. All their jaws drop and they stand up. Finn has disappeared off to somewhere, so hes not with the rest of them. "Ella!" Jack says, hugging her. She smiles and hugs him back, seeming very happy to see him.
Her and Jack didnt fall out as badly as Finn and I did, so its not as weird for her.
"Kelsie! Its so nice to see you!" Jaeden says, giving me a hug. "You too!"
"MOM!" Jack yells, giving me a giant hug. "Son!" I yell back, laughing. I really missed this kid. "Wow, youve gotten taller" i say, taking a step back. He really has, he now has a couple inches on me, when we were about the same height before. "Cant say the same about you!" He jokes, ruffling my hair. "Haha very funny" i say sarcastically, wrinkling my nose at him.
"Hey guys i got pops-" i hear and spin around quickly , knowing who the voice belongs to.