31

"Shit!"
I scream as the plane shakes once again, slamming me into a wall and causing me to draw a long dark line of mascara under my eye.
Im been in this tiny, cramped plane bathroom trying to make myself look as presentable as possible for Finns family but no, the turbulence has other plans.
Im pretty sure theres a line outside the door also, but eh what can i say i dont care.
And theres another bathroom u fuckers.
I sigh deeply, staring at myself in the mirror wondering if its even worth it to try and look nice, because so far its not goin too well.
A quiet knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts, and i quickly pack up my stuff before opening the door.
I look up to see some random lady looking like she was about to piss her pants.
I smile apologetically at her before walking back up the isle to our seats, which may i add are in first class *whip*
Finns passed the fuck out, with his head tilted sideways and his mouth parted slightly.
ITS SO FUCKING ADORABLE VSHSHSGAHAHJ
I try to crawl over him as stealthily as possible so he wouldn't wake up but just as im almost over him, he grabs onto my leg and opens one eye, smirking at me.
"Good morning. Let go."
He doesn't respond, just stretches his long ass legs out and closes his eye again.
I poke him on the cheek
"Excuse me sir. I would appreciate to be set free."
"Would you now" he mumbles, eyes still closed.
I am not in the mood for his bullshit.
I woke up at 5am.
I grab onto the seat for support and pull myself out of his grasp, smiling triumphantly at him when he opens his eyes.
"I wish you loved me" he pouts, sticking out his bottom lip
"Keep wishin buddy" i say, patting his shoulder and snuggling against the window to nap for a couple minutes.

5 hours later I wake up to Finn shaking me, telling me to get up.
We grab our stuff and get off the plane privately, then get on a golf cart like vehicle that drives us to where our luggage is.
Oh the perks of being famous.
The cart then drives us to a private part of the airport, it looks similar to the normal pick up section, except there is pretty much no one here.
"Nick says hes her- oh there he is"
A black van drives up to us, and out steps Finns doppelgänger- i mean brother.
He and Finn both have the same dark shaggy hair and dark eyes, skin about the same except Finns is a little darker from living in California.
"Brother!"
Nick yells, engulfing Finn in a bear hug and messing up his hair.
They both laugh, and of course they sound like the same person.
"God, its been way too long" Finn says, pulling away and fixing his hair
"Damn right. I was starting to forget you existed" Nick laughs and Finn smiles at him sarcastically, then Nicks attention shifts to me.
Here we go.
"And you must be Kelsie" he says kindly, sticking his hand out for me to shake
"Finns told me a lot about you. He never shuts up about you. Its so great to finally meet you in person"
"Yeah you too. And I mean I guess I sorta like Finn. Kinda not really. Your parents pay me to pretend to like him yanno?"
He bursts out laughing and I feel a wave of relief rush over me. God im such a fucking nimrod why am I like this.
"Dude, theyre paying you too?"
Now its my turn to laugh, and we both laugh even harder when we see Finns face.
"Yeah yeah, laugh it up. Haha. Very funny. Can we go now?"
"Yeah, mom and dad are really excited to see you guys"
eep there goes the nervous butterflies.
hell theyre not even butterflies, it feels like the whole fucking zoo
"I call shotgun!" I yell, just to piss Finn off even more, and he rolls his eyes before getting in the back.
The whole car ride Nick and I chat up a storm, talking about everything while Finn lays sprawled across the backseat, every once in a while injecting comments about how lame we are and how much better it is in the backseat.
Call him what you want but you cant call him mature.
After about an hour, we pull up in front of what im assuming is the Wolfhards house, and i legit feel like im about to puke up everything ive eaten in the past 5 years.
Nick walks inside ahead of us, and Finn stops us before entering.
Im actually gonna be sick.
"Hey Kels, dont be nervous. You have nothing to worry about. I guarantee they're gonna absolutely adore you, i promise"
This calms me down a little, but im still panicking inside.
He smiles at me softly and hugs me, rubbing my back soothingly.
I take a shaky breath and nod my head, telling him im ready.
Im so not ready.
We walk in and even just from the front hallway, his house is beautiful.
I ease up a little when I see the pictures of him as a kid hanging from the walls, and even laugh a little at some of them.
"You were so adorable" i giggle, looking at a picture of him in a football jersey
"Were?"
Before I can respond with a witty comeback, his mom comes around the corner.
She smiles brightly when she sees us, embracing Finn tightly, and then turning to me.
"Wow Kelsie its so great to finally meet you!" She says kindly, hugging me too.
Im a little taken aback at first, but I loosen up and smile at her
"Yeah its great to meet you too!"
Next his dad walks in and hugs Finn, clapping him on the back and smiling at me
"Kelsie, welcome. Finns told us so much about you"
"Has he now?" I say, smirking and looking at Finn who's turning pink.
Ooo Im so gonna roast him for that later.
"Oh yes he definitely has. I must say, its great to know you really exist" he says playfully, punching Finn in the arm and making him turn even more red. AHHHH
"Alrighty well dinners on the table, and we can bring all your stuff in after so the food doesnt get cold"
We all head into the dining room and get situated around the table.
Finns mom made spaghetti and I mentally groan when i see it, knowing im most likely gonna embarrass myself because im a complete spaz.
Finn sees the look on my face and laughs to himself, probably because hes been with me long enough to know exactly what im thinking.
"So Kelsie, tell us a little about yourself" Finns dad says, wiping his face with a napkin.
"Well theres not really much to tell. Im from a little town in Ohio, I lived there for most of my life, and i just recently moved out to California where I live with my friends Ella, Sophia, Sadie, and Millie."
"As in Sadie and Millie from the show?" Mrs Wolfhard asks and I nod
"Yeah we met a few years back when Sophia invited them over for a girls night, and we just all clicked right away"
"And Sophia as in Sophia Lillis?"
"Yeah she moved in with us a few months ago when they all came out again"
When Finn and I reunited
"Aww that sound so fun! And Sophia is such a sweet girl. How did you meet her"
I smile a little at the memory
"At a meet and greet a few years ago. The same meet and greet where I met Finn" i say, smiling at Finn who smiles back with spaghetti hanging from his mouth.
"Oh yes weve heard alll about that story from Finn" Nick says, smirking at him
"Is it true that you didnt want to meet him?"
I laugh remembering how miserable I was there
"Ooh yeah it is. I didnt want to meet them at all, especially not Finn, but my best friend Ella pretty much dragged me there, and i was completely miserable" everyone chuckles except Finn, who glares at me jokingly.
"And now here we are"
"I must say Kelsie, ive never seen Finn act like this over anybody. You really mean a lot to him" Mrs Wolfhard says, and i feel myself blushing.
I look over at Finn who is smirking, and i know hes gonna roast me later. Dammit.
"He means a lot to me too. You've done a great job raising him"
now its his turn to blush. Hehe.
We go on like that for the rest of the meal, just talking about anything and keeping a nice conversation going.
After about an hour, I help Mrs Wolfhard clear the table and do the dishes while Mr Wolfhard helps Finn bring in our stuff.
Most people hate doing the dishes but I really dont mind it, and I have to do a lot of dishes at my house because none of the girls ever do.
I miss them already im definitely gonna call them tonight.
Mrs Wolfhard thanks me and leads me into the living room, telling me she has something to show me.
She pulls out a thick scrapbook, and i die when she opens it.
Its basically a scrap book of Finns life, starting from the day he was born until now.
I smile so hard at all the pictures of him as a kid, laughing at a picture of him as a baby in the tub.
I know he would hate it if he knew i saw these.
We flip through the pages, his mom explaining the backstories behind each of the pictures, and me smiling from ear to ear.
We come across a poem he wrote in second grade, talking about how he wants to be a rockstar when he grows up.
"Wow this is- i cant even explain it. The cutest thing ive ever seen in my life" i giggle, and she does too
"I knew someday someone would appreciate it, Finn thinks its so embarrassing"
She laughs lightly and smiles
"You know im serious. Ive never seen Finn care about someone so much. When hes around you he just lights up, its like he's glowing"
This warms my heart so much, ive never felt this happy in my life, ever.
"I dont know if its too soon to say this but, ive never been so in love with someone before. Your son is everything to me"
She smiles warmly, and before she can say anything Finn walks down the stairs and flops down on the couch.
"Ah well, I better head to bed soon, ive got an early morning. You two have fun, feel free to watch a movie or something," she says
"Okay well goodnight Mrs Wolfhard"
"Please, call me Mary" she says as she heads towards the stairs
"Night Mary" Finn calls after her
She doesn't say anything, just smacks him in the back of the head.
Once she's upstairs Finn walks over to me, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the front door
"May I ask where were going?"
"No. Its a suprise"
We walk silently side by side, fingers laced together.
We walk til we reach a playground, and I sit on a slide.
"I used to come here all the time when I was a kid. Like pretty much everyday with Nick. I broke my arm on that swing once" he says, pointing to it.
"Im so excited for you to show me around your town. I wanna know everything about it"
He laughs and sits down next to me
"You'll get the whole luxury tour tomorrow. This is just the first stop. My parents have to work tomorrow so its just gonna be us, I dont know if Nicks coming or not"
I love Finns family so much.
Now that i met them, i have no idea how i was ever nervous before.
they completely welcomed me in, and all night they've been nothing but kind to me.
But a thought has been nagging at the back of my brain the whole night.
Being around his family has reminded me how much I missed mine.
I know its horrible and its selfish of me but i cant help it.
I had forgotten what it was like to have a family until tonight, and it especially hurt when i was with his parents.
I never had a dad like his. Mine was a raging alcoholic, he was psychotic. I didnt know what it was like to have a dad until tonight.
And then theres Mrs Wolfhard.
I cant explain how much it hurt. Helping her do dishes, even just talking to her.
She reminded me of my mom, I had started to forget how much I missed her.
I would do anything to bring her back. Anything.
"Hey babe, you okay?" Finn asks, pulling me out of the trance I didn't realize I was in.
"Yeah, just.. thinking I guess"
"About what?"
I shake my head, looking at my shoes
"Nothing"
"Come on Kels, you know you can tell me anything" he says, looking into my eyes.
I look up at the sky and sigh deeply
"Its stupid"
"No its not. Whatever's on your mind, you can tell me" he takes my hand and i close my eyes.
Hes gonna hate me for this.
"I dont know I just- I miss my family. And i know its horrible, im a terrible person but being with your family reminded me of mine.
I had forgotten what its like to have one.
I never knew my brother. I just knew he existed. He wasn't even my real brother, we just had the same dad, but I heard he died in a car accident a couple years ago. Ive always wondered what it wouldve been like if i met him"
And seeing your relationship with your dad just- i dont know. I never had anything like that. I never had a relationship with my dad. All i can remember is hiding from him when he was drunk.
And your mom-" my voice broke and i felt the tears welling up. Im not about to cry right now, nope.
I can feel his eyes on me but I dont look at him, im too scared that hes gonna be mad at me.
And i wouldnt blame him. This is so selfish of me.
I take a deep breath
"Being with your mom was just.. amazing. Shes such a kindhearted, sweet woman- she reminds me so much of my mom. I forgot what it was like to just spend time with her, just doing the little things until tonight"
God I feel like such an idiot right now.
I look over at Finn who is already looking at me, I can see the tears forming in his eyes.
"Please dont cry" i whisper
"If you cry, I will too"
"I cant help it" he whispers back, wiping a tear from my eye before it slips.
We lay back on the slide together, just staring up at the sky. You can see the stars so well out here since there's basically no other light.
"Im sorry" i mumble, breaking the silence
"Im sorry for being selfish, and making it all about me. I didnt mean to do that"
"No. Don't apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for, I completely understand"
"I guess- i dont know. I just missed having a family. I didn't realize how much I wanted one until tonight"
He gently turned my chin so i was looking at him
"You do have a family, were your family now. Nick, Mom, Dad, hell even Ella, Millie, Sadie, Sophia, Jack, everyone, we all are.
Me. Im your family. And i promise that im always gonna be here for you, no matter what. Through it all. I promise you"
Im crying now, i cant tell if theyre tears of sadness or joy, probably a little bit of both.
Sadness because my family is gone, and they're never coming back.
And happiness because i know he means what he says, and im beyond lucky to be the one who got lucky enough to have him.