12

Filler chapter hehe

It was currently 2:38 am and im sitting in the front seat of Finn's car with a bag of chick fila in my lap while watching finding nemo.
Finn and I have been driving for about 4 hours now, and I have no idea where we are, hell I don't even know where we're headed, and neither does he.
I'm not gonna pretend like everythings okay between us now, because its not. Theres still a lot we need to talk out that we haven't yet.
He came to my house and picked me up at 10 like he said he would, and we haven't talked much besides when I asked him for chick fila.
I cant tell if hes still mad at me, his face has been hard to read the whole night. He just stares out at the road looking deep in thought, and im not gonna lie, i hate it.
This awkwardness between us is so unnatural, and i want nothing more than for it to be gone.
But I know its not that easy. What happened was a big deal, I really fucked up. We both said things we shouldn't have, and its gonna take a little bit of time to move on from it.
It's not that I don't want to talk to him and make up, trust me i do. I just dont want to have one of the conversations that I know is gonna come with all of it.
So for now, i sit here like a 5 year old watching nemo, wrapped in my snow man blanket while eating fries.
Yay.
Finn sighs deeply and I look over to see him starting to drift off. The car swervs to the side and he jolts awake.
"I-im sorry i dont know what came over me" he says sleepily, shaking his head to try to wake up.
"Finn you're obviously exhausted, its okay. Lets stop somewhere before we accidentally drive off the road"
He laughs a little, which i don't understand. Then again i dont understand how hes been acting the whole night, so whats new.
We pull up to the nearest motel, literally in the middle of nowhere, but i dont care enough to check where we are.
We walk inside together silently, and he holds the door open for me. We walk up to the boy sitting at the front desk, who looks about our age.
He perks up when he sees me and flashes me a bright smile. Ew.
"Hey guys how can I help you" he asks, completely ignoring Finn and making googly eyes at me, which Finn does not appreciate.
"What do you have available" Finn asks, clearing his throat to get the boys attention.
"Hmm let me check... we have one suite, thats it. It has two rooms each with a queen-"
"Well take it" Finn cuts him off, glancing sideways at me. I smile softly at him and he pays for our room, and before we head up the boy winks at me.
I pretend to puke then smile fakely at him, dying internally at the look on his face. Once we get in the elevator Finn cracks a smile at me.
We walk quietly into our room together, and i set my stuff down in the main room, assuming he will too. But he walks into the second room and puts his stuff down in there. Oh.
"Hey im gonna pass out, let me know if you need anything. Goodnight" he yawns tiredly before closing the door.
Honestly, that hurt. Not just mentally, I could physically feel the pain in my chest as I laid down on the bed and curled into a ball, letting all the events of today sink in.
I decided to check my phone, because what's better for your mental health than your phone?
As soon as I turned it on it started blowing up with texts from Sadie, Millie, and Ella.
I know I said I wasn't gonna be in contact with anyone so they would be safe, but it was too much. I broke down in tears silently, and walked out onto the porch to calm down.
I can't not talk to them, they're my best friends. They're more than that, they're like the family I never had.
I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down, and suprisingly it helped. I dialed Ella's number and called her. She picked up on the first ring, and by the sound of her voice I could tell she had been crying.
"Hello?" She sniffled weakly into the phone, and i felt my heart break again.
"Hi" i said weakly, feeling tears form in my eyes.
"Kelsie oh my god are you okay? Where are you? Ive been worried sick, I havent seen you all day" she broke down crying, and i couldn't contain myself anymore, tears fell down my face like a river.
"Ella im so so so sorry for not telling you where i was, i just- i just needed to get away. Today has been horrible, it was too much for me to take. I know I shouldn't have ran out on you like that, but i just- i had to go"
"I know" she sobbed into the phone
"I know you had to. I completely understand. I was just worried sick, no one had heard from you all day. Millie and Sadie are here too, here ill put it on speaker"
"Kelsie? Kelsie are you okay? Where are you?" They both pound me with questions, and i cant control my emotions.
"Yeah im okay. Finn and I are at a hotel. Im gonna be gone for a little while, i dont know how long. Im-im so sorry guys"
"No no no, we all completely understand. You're doing what you need to do" millie says reassuringly, sniffing back the tears.
"Guys im gonna miss you so much. I cant even explain how much i miss you right now, and its only been a day"
"Were gonna miss you too" sadie sobs
"Promise to stay in touch okay? No matter what" millie says
"Yeah I definitely will, i promise. I love you guys so much"
"We love you too" ella says sadly
"No guys, i mean i really love you. You were all there for me when no one else was, and you cared about me when I didnt even care about myself. You all mean so much to me"
Were all a mess at this point, sobbing and sniffing. We talk for a couple more minutes before we all go our separate ways.
I fall back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling, drowning in my thoughts.
I know leaving was the right thing, i just wish it didnt have to be this way.
I wish i could go back in time. Undo the fight with Finn, unmeet Jacob. Save my mom.
But I cant. As much as it sucks, I cant.
I drift off into a restless sleep, with thoughts of Jacob filling my head.
I walk down a dark street, nothing but a single street lamp providing light.
The air is cold, and trees surround me on either side. Ive been here before.
Im in northern california, where i was when Jacob found me. I feel a prickling sensation down my spine, and try to take off running, but i cant.
Im tied to a tree, so tightly my skin bleeds from the ropes and i can barely breathe. I try to scream, but a thick cloth covers my mouth.
Jacob steps out from the tree behind me, smiling evilly at me. I struggle harder at my restraints, but still cant move.
"Long time no see. Ive missed you" he whispers in my ear while running his hands down my arm.
The fear paralyzes me, and i cant move.
"Did you really think you could run from me? Ive told you this before, you cant. Ill always find you"
He takes the cloth off my mouth and a scream escapes my lips, echoing through out the woods.

I sit up in bed, shaking and covered in a cold sweat. Its been a while since ive had a dream that vivid.
Its just a dream. Its just a dream. You're safe. I try to reassure myself.
I lay back in the bed, pulling the covers up to my eyes and trying to fall back asleep.
But i cant. All i can think about is how real that dream looked, how real it felt.
My heart thumps in my chest and i cant get the image out of my head.
Sighing, i throw the covers off my body and walk over to Finns door, debating on whether or not i want to do this. Its not too late to turn around an-
My thoughts get cut off when he opens the door, looking half asleep.
"Kelsie? What's wrong?" He asks sleepily, rubbing his eyes.
"Nightmares" i say, barely above a whisper, avoiding his eyes. I feel like an idiot.
"Im really sorry if i woke you up, im completely pathetic i know-"
He cut me off by picking me up and carrying me over to his bed, placing me down in the warm covers.
He crawled in next to me, and rested his chin on my head. I snuggled deeper into his chest, and sighed contently. He wrapped his arms around me and for the first time in a while, i felt safe.

Okay so like what the fUCK I GOT BACK FROM FLORIDA TO SEE MY OTHER STORY GOT OVER 800 READS AND THIS ONE GOT OVER 400 LIKE ???? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?? IM SO HAPPY DHDGSHSBSJSNSHSGJEJD THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I LOVE ALL OF YOU but honestly why do you put up with my writing its trash BUT STILL I LOVE YOU THANK YOU AHHH