15

My jaw hits the ground, and I feel all the color drain from my face.
"What's wrong?" Finn asks, searching my face with his eyes.
I dont say anything, just hand him my phone.
At first he looks confused, but then I see the realization set in, and the color drains from his face too.
"We need to get out of here. Right now" he says, grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him.
We don't even bother paying, we just run out to the car together. We get in the car and Finn speeds out of the parking lot, and down the empty road.
Im still in complete shock.
He really had me fooled into thinking he was Ella.
He was so good at pretending to be her, it's terrifying.
But at the same time i could tell something was a little off, but i never would've expected this.
I curl up into a ball in my seat and rest my chin on my knees, rocking back and forth, trying calm the anxiety attack i feel coming on.
Im a fucking idiot. And because of that, he might know where we are. He might even be following us right now.
I turn in my seat to see if were being followed by anyone, but the road behind us is completely empty.
"Jesus Kelsie, your heart is beating so loud I can practically hear it" finn says softly, glancing at me worriedly.
Its true, my heart feels like its about to explode from beating so fast. I really need to calm down.
But I cant. All i can think of is the fact that because im so fucking naive, he knows where we are.
I feel a tear slide down my cheek and quickly wipe it off before Finn sees it. I don't want him getting worried or freaking out because the calmer he is, the calmer ill be.
I take a few deep breaths and close my eyes.
I know as long as I'm with Finn I'm safe. He won't let Jacob get to me.
Jacobs fresh out of prison, so he's probably bigger than he was before. But at the same time, so is Finn. He's grown a lot, and developed a little more muscle too.
"Kelsie" finn says gently, pulling me out of my thoughts
"There's no need to worry, you're completely safe. I would never let anything happen to you, i promise you. But i think we should tell the police whats going on"
I completely forgot about the police
"Okay" i said shakily, pulling out my phone and calling 911
"911, what is your emergency?" A male voice says on the other side of the line
"Um hi, I'd like to report a stalker. His name is Jacob Domarco"
"Ah yes, it says here that he was released in Los Angeles a couple days ago"
"Yeah thats him. Anyway he kind of got arrested for stalking me, and now that he's released he's stalking me again"
"How is he stalking you?"
"I haven't seen him yet, but he pretended to be my friend to text me and try to find out my location"
"Does he know your current location?"
"Kind of, i told him where we were last night, but we left this morning and now were in a different state"
There is silence on the other end of the line, and Finn gives me a reassuring smile
"So he does not currently know where you are?"
Why is this dude asking so many questions?
"Not that I know of, but there's a chance he might"
"If he does not currently possess any information that he could use to harm you, then he is not a real threat. Did he reveal to you that it was him pretending to be your friend?"
Is this guy serious?
"I mean no, but there's no one else it would be, and he texted me that he would 'see me soon' when he first got out of jail, so it's obviously him"
Theres another long pause, until the officer finally says
"Im sorry mam, but there is nothing we can do. We do not currently have enough information to prove that it is him stalking you, therefore we can't bring him in"
I feel my heart drop again, but at the same time this makes me mad. And apparently Finn too.
"Are you serious?" Finn says angrily, taking my phone from my hand
"Im sorry sir. But there really is nothing we can do"
"No, theres gotta be something" finn insists
"I mean, he got arrested for stalking before, surely that still means something. And not only is he stalking, he was impersonating her friend, isn't that a felony too?"
"We don't have enough evidence that it's him. I'm sorry sir. Have a nice night."
Then the officer fucking HANGS UP.
Finn looks livid, his face turns red and his jaw clenches.
"This is fucking ridiculous. This isn't right" he says, gripping the wheel tighter
"This is all bullshit. They're the fucking COPS for gods sake"
"What are we gonna do? I mean the cops won't even help us"
"I- i dont know Kelsie. I'm sorry, but I really don't know" finn says, finally looking at me.
Something about how he looks at me makes me feel strong. I can't really explain it, i just feel like when im with him i know im not alone.
Just then, i get another text
Unknown- u cant hide from me forever xx
That did it.
I rolled down the window and chucked my phone out of it, watching it roll down the side of the mountain until i couldnt see it anymore.
Finn looks at me with a mix of awe suprise, and that just makes me feel even stronger.
"This is what were gonna do. Were gonna keep on living our lives. Were not gonna live in fear of this little asshole.
Were not gonna go home, because were not gonna put anyone else in danger, but were not gonna waste our lives hiding from him.
Were young, we need to enjoy life as much as we can. So were just gonna live. And if one day that fucker finds us, were gonna kick his ass, just like we did the first time"
by the time im finished with my rant, both Finn and I have big smiles on our faces.
I dont know if i really believe anything im saying, but im starting to convince myself that things are gonna be okay.
"Hell fucking yeah we are" finn says, smiling even wider

And for the rest of the night, we were happy.
I stayed up talking to Finn so he wouldn't fall asleep, and at 3am we stopped at Dennys. It was fun.
At around 7am the sun started to rise, and a sign caught my attention.
"Welcome to Florida" Finn said happily

:))