26

Finns POV

Its been about a week since we brought her home, and I'd be lying if I said everything was okay now.
Shes been a mess.
Shes spoken about 10 times this past week, and when she does she doesn't say much.
She sits in her room all day, staring blankly at the wall with all the lights off and the curtains drawn.
She barely eats anymore, and the girls basically have to force her to.
She doesn't sleep anymore either. I stay with her every night, laying with her until she falls asleep.
Every night she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming or crying, and wont go back to sleep, so she lays awake all night.
But the worst thing for her is being alone.
She can't be alone anymore.
One morning I had to leave for work, and before I even walked out the door she had a full on anxiety attack.
We all take turns staying with her, when im busy with work the girls stay with her.
Even when she showers, she is too scared to be alone, so I usually just sit in the bathroom with her, telling her stories or singing her favorite songs.
Most of the time we just lay together, watching movies or listening to music, doing anything to keep her mind off things.
I know its gonna take some time for her to recover from this, and im willing to do whatever I can to help her.
It definitely didnt help when she got a call from a random number the other day, claiming to be her dad. That was honestly the last thing she needed.
She hadn't heard anything from him since the night he showed up at Jaedens house over a year ago, and this just made things so much worse.
We were currently laying in her bed, watching Phineas and Ferb. Shes always loved that show.
I looked down at her laying on my chest to see that she wasn't watching the show, instead she was just staring off into space.
I sighed deeply, gently rubbing circles on her hand
"What are you thinking about?"
I knew she probably wouldn't respond, but it was worth a shot. She hasn't talked in a couple days.
She blinked a couple times, breaking herself out of her trance and looking up at me with glassy eyes.
It breaks my heart so see her like this.
I gently sat up, bringing her up with me and got off the bed, grabbing a planket from her closet.
"W-where are you going?" She croaked, staring at me with fear filled eyes.
"Im taking you somewhere. Grab your shoes and lets go"
I didnt think she would budge, but she slowly sat up, grabbed her shoes, and followed me out the door.

Kelsies POV
This past week has been rough.
I feel nothing, but everything at the same time.
All i could think about, every waking second of every day, was how afraid i am.
I constantly replay everything that happened on a loop in my brain, everything from the first day i met him to now.
I felt so weak.
I couldnt bring myself to talk, because i had nothing to say, i couldnt form thoughts, let alone words.
I didnt eat. I just couldnt bring myself to.
Sleeping was a whole other story.
Every night, without fail, i would dream of him.
The dream was always the same, being back in that basement tied up.
I woke up in a sweat every night, my heart beating so hard it felt like it was going to come out my throat.
I knew I was being a burden to everyone.
I could see the dark bags under all of their eyes, and the looks of sympathy they gave me made me want to die.
I hated myself for what I was doing to them.
But i couldnt stop it.
It felt like i was falling backwards, down a deep dark hole, and no matter what i tried to do to stop falling, i couldnt.
It was like i couldnt see or hear anything.
All i could see were his eyes, staring at me through the darkness, and his psychotic smile, making my body tingle in fear.
I could feel Finn staring at me so I turned to look at him and he wore that same look of worry that hasnt left his face since the moment he saved me.
It killed me to see him like this, and it hurt even more to know it was my fault. But I couldnt stop it. I felt like I had no control over myself anymore.
I sighed and turned my head, looking out the window at the dark street. There were barely any cars, because it was like midnight.
I wonder where he could be taking me, but i dont want to ask, and don't really have the energy to carry out a conversation.
I dont know if thats selfish or not, i just really have felt so drained lately, probably from all my thinking.
Suddenly, "Not Over You" by Gavin Degraw comes on, and i cant help the gasp that escapes my mouth.
This has always been one of my favorite songs.

Finns POV
I hear Kelsie gasp, and quickly turn to look at her.
Her eyes are wide and her mouth is slightly open, im not sure why.
Suddenly she does the last thing i would've expected her to do, she starts singing.
She sings quietly at first, almost like mumbling, and slowly starts to get louder.
And its absolutely beautiful.
I blink and realize my eyes are watering, which is pretty pathetic on my part but i cant help it.
I haven't heard her sing in a very very long time. Hell, she hasn't even been talking.
Im too busy staring at her to realize the light turned red.
Out of nowhere, a truck comes hurtling through, and the last thing I see before the car flips over, is her soft smile turning into absolute terror.