18

"Put me down. Now." I growled at Finn.
Reluctantly, he reached up and grabbed me, setting me down gently on the ground.
I expected him to have a look of regret on his face.
Maybe even some suprise, like oh shit she caught me.
Instead he was glaring at the girl, looking just as confused as I felt. Weird.
"Come again?" I spat, turning to face the girl.
She smiled sweetly at me, but i saw right through it to the bitchass underneath.
"Allow me to introduce myself. Im Iris" she said fakely, reaching her hand out for me to shake. As if.
I just raised an eyebrow at her and crossed my arms over my chest.
"I dont care. What did you say about Finn?"
THIS BITCH FUCKING LAUGHED.
"I said hes my boyfriend. Im his girlfriend. Damn, someones pissy"
AND SHE LAUGHED AGAIN.
This girl did not understand how close i was to fucking drop kicking her ass.
I turned to face Finn, a fake smile on my face and one eyebrow raised.
"Girlfriend?" I asked, tilting my head.
"Ex girlfriend" he said firmly, still glaring at Iris.
"Ex?" I ask, calming down a little.
I then turn to Iris
"Ex?" I ask again
She rolls her eyes and huffs
"Finns my b-"
"Oh save it Iris. We've been done for what- a year now? You need to let it go." Finn snaps, rolling his eyes.
A year ago?
I feel my heart break a little. A year ago. That was during the time we were apart. The time i spent being depressed because i felt so completely and utterly empty without him.
And he was out there dating someone new.
"Here" Finn says, pulling out his phone and scrolling through it until he finds what he's looking for.
He hands it to me and its the messages between him and Iris, showing that he broke up with her.
I know its legit because of the date.
Ouch.
For now i need to focus on whats at hand, i can think about everything else later.
I turn to Iris
"Nice try honey. How bout you go find someone else to hit on, preferably someone single with very low standards, maybe even blind and deaf. Buh bye!"
She rolls her eyes
"Whatever" she huffs before turning on her heels and marching away.
"Wow" Finn says once she leaves, shaking his head a little
"Shes insane"
"Yeah" i say halfheartedly, still hurt over the fact that he actually dated someone else in that time.
I felt... betrayed.
"Dont let her get to you. Lets just keep enjoying the show" he says, wrapping an arm around me and swaying a little.
I try to ignore what just happened. I really do.
But i just cant get it out of my head. I couldnt even look at other guys, hell i couldnt even breathe in their direction without thinking of Finn, but he could date someone?
And not only did he date her, he didn't even tell me.
Not once. And neither did any of my friends.
Its just all too much for me, i need space from him right now.
"I need to go to the bathroom" i blurt out, getting out of his hold.
"Okay, want me to go with you?"
I shake my head quickly
"No. Stay here and enjoy the show, ill be right back"
I dont even wait for his response, just turn around and make my way through the crowd until i get to the bathroom.
I hold it together while i walk in, but as soon as i get in the stall, I completely break down.
I slid down to a sitting position in the corner and sob quietly.
I cant even describe how hurt i feel.
You know the feeling you get in your stomach when you go down a big hill on a roller coaster? I felt that pain in my heart. It physically hurt.
"How could he do this to me?" I whisper quietly to myself, putting my head on my knees and letting the tears hit my legs.
Ive been in here too long, and i know any minute now Finns gonna come looking for me, the last thing I want is for him to see me like this.
So I fix myself in the mirror really quickly, and youd never know i just cried my eyes out.
I take a deep breath before walking back out into the crowd, not 100% knowing where im going but following my instincts.
I see Finns curly hair over the top of peoples heads, and head in his direction.
But somethings not right. The way his head is angled is weird, almost like...
I break out into a sprint, literally shoving people out of my way.
And sure enough when i get to Finn, there he is. Kissing Iris.
But suddenly he pushes her off, and backs away from her, wiping his mouth off.
"Iris what the fuck?" He yells angrily.
"Oh come on, you liked it" she says seductively, moving closer to him.
He backs away again and puts his arm out so she cant get any closer
"No. I didnt. And i have a fucking girlfriend. Stay away from me" he snaps
"Yeah, stay away from him" i butt in, feeling my anger about to explode. Any minute now i know it will.
"What? Its not my fault your boyfriends still in love with me, and that he doesn't even have an ounce of love for you" she says, smiling evilly and tilting her head at me
"In fact, i dont even understand why hes dating you, i mean, look at you. Youre not even half of me"
Finn starts to say something, but i put a hand on his chest, cutting him off.
Ive really had enough of this bitch.
I smile sweetly at her before slapping her in the face, hard.
So hard my hand stings and the side of her face turns red.
She gasps, and tears well up in her eyes. She puts a hand up to where i slap her, and flinches
"You bitch! You just slapped me!"
"Hell yeah i did. Want me to do it again?"
"You wouldn't."
Boom. Slap to the other side of her face.
"Youre really overestimating my character honey. Now if i were you, id fuck off before i break your nose"
Grasping her now red face, she turns on her heel and stomps away.
I hear a snort and turn to Finn, who has tears streaming down his face from holding back his laughter.
He looses control and laughs his ass off, earning looks from a few people. When he finally regains control of himself, he says
"Wow. My girl is so badass"
I smile a little at him, but im really not happy with him right now. I need some space.
"Hey im not feeling good, do you mind if i go home? I can call an uber or something and you can take the car"
"No, if you're feeling sick ill come with you"
"But i dont want you to miss the show"
Thats only partially true. I also know that the longer im around him, the more likely it is that ill snap at him.
"No im coming"
"Finn please, i know how much youve been wanting to see this show, and im not about to ruin it for you. Stay." I insist, and after a few minutes of going back and forth he agrees.
I call myself an uber, and dont talk to the driver the whole way home, which is kind of awkward i guess but im too lost in my thoughts.
We finally arrive at the hotel after what feels like forever, and i pay him quickly before heading inside. When i get up to our floor, i go straight to the balcony and lean on the rail, looking out at the black ocean.
I dont even try to control myself, i just let the tears fall until theres none left.
I cant believe he would do this to me. I just cant. And i cant believe none of my friends told me. I cant believe Sophia didnt tell me.
I cant believe he kept it from me for so long.
And that's another thing. Was he ever planning on telling me? If Iris hadn't shown up would i ever have known she existed?
It was all too much for me. Everything.
I wish i was home. I wish i was with Ella, and Millie, and Sadie, and Sophia, even tho im sorta mad at her right now.
I wish Jacob didn't exist. I wish Finn hadnt dated Iris.
I wish my mom were still alive. She wouldve helped me through this, given me perspective and advice.
I wish my dad weren't a pyschopath. I haven't seen him since last summer with Finn, and it scares me to know that i have no idea where he is right now.
I cant keep all these emotions pent up anymore.
A scream escapes my body, and im unable to control it. I scream until my throat is sore and my lungs hurt, but at the end i feel a little better.
I decide to call Ella. I know it'll make me feel a lot better.
Sadly, it goes straight to voice mail. She must still be on her date with Jack.
Sighing, i put my phone down and sit down on the ground, suddenly feeling exhausted from all my crying, and just the whole day in general.
I slump over on my side, and let sleep take over me, right there on the patio.