14

Ella has been acting kind of weird.
I'd been texting her all throughout the ride, and she just didn't seem like herself.
She was being super sweet to me, which was kind of worrying me. She was also responding a million times faster than she normally does. Im probably just over thinking, she probably just broke something of mine and feels bad about it.
"Finnn weve been in this car for years now, can we pleaseeeee take a break?" I whine
"Just a little bit further and we'll take a break, I promise. And besides, theres no where for us to go now anyway"
Hes right. Weve been driving through corn fields for the past 5 hours, and i do not appreciate it.
"Can we stop somewhere to see a beach? Im tired of these fucking corn fields" i huff sassily, banging my head on the seat for a more dramatic effect.
"As you wish, my queen" he says sarcastically, bowing to me and kissing my hand
"Youre so mean to me. I don't understand why. Im fucking amazing"
He laughs hard at this. Why the fuck is he laughing?
"Youre so cute. Look at this vine compilation I found last night"
He hands me his phone and i scoff a little. That bitch.
"Wow okay, while my heart was breaking you were sitting on your ass watching vine compilations. I love my life."
I expect him to roast me or laugh or something, but instead his face gets serious
"Wait what? Your heart was breaking?"
Shit. God fucking damn it. Welp, time to throw myself out the window. I start rolling it down and the little shit has the audacity to LOCK IT.
"Nice try. Now tell me, what do you mean your heart was breaking?"
I sigh, and then a great idea comes into my head. Maybe i can just not talk for the rest of my life! Then I can't say any more dumb shit!
I look at him and smile sarcastically, just to make him even more confused. Sometimes i do random shit just to confuse him. Its fun.
"Oh okay, so thats how you wanna play it? Cool. Two can play this game" he says, before STOPPING THE FUCKING CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. He can afford to do it because were the only car on the road.
This kid really thinks hes gonna be able to get me to talk, pssh. Im a pro at this game. And as soon as a car comes hes gonna have no choice but to drive, so HA.
I pull out my phone and start playing slender man.
I know. Im a fucking nimrod.
But it's actually really fun once you get over the whole soul sucking thing. And im pretty good. Not to toot my own horn or anything but... toot toot.
Finn kinda looks like slender man too, so its funny to me.
"Wow" finn says, but i ignore him for the sake of being a bitch. No ragrets.
Then Ella texts me again
Ella💘💓💖- hello my dear acquaintance! What is your current location in this very moment?
I smile to myself at her language, but then i frown. I have no fucking idea where we are. I mean we were in New Mexico this morning, but we've been driving all day, we could be anywhere.
Me- ah, i regret to inform you, but i do not currently posses that information. but i shall inform you in the exact moment that i do!
Finn is looking over my shoulder like a lil bitch, so i look at him and stick my tongue out before going back to playing my game.
Suddenly, the car starts moving again. I look at Finn with a mix of suprise and triumph on my face.
"Shut up" he says, rolling his eyes.
I know were gonna talk eventually, so i dont want to open that can of beans yet. I dont want to get emotional right now. And besides, weve had a great day. All the awkwardness between us is gone, and weve been so carefree and happy. I don't want to ruin it yet.
My phone buzzes, and its Ella. Shocker.
Ella💘💓💖- okay thanks!
Hold the fuck up. What was that.
Thanks? She would NEVER say thank you to me, ever, and especially not like that. And she would never say okay either, she always just says k.
Something must be wrong.
"Hey Finn Ella's been acting kinda weird all day, do you think something happened?"
He thinks for a second, then shrugs
"I dont know, no one has told me anything. Maybe try calling her or something"
I nod and dial her number. It rings a couple times then goes to voicemail. That bitch declined my call!
"Huh, she declined" i say sadly, feeling my heart sink. I really miss her, and i was kinda excited to talk to her.
"Do you think shes mad at me or something?"
"No, why would she be?"
"I dont know, i just feel like she is"
"How could she be, you havent been home to do anything?"
Thats a good point. So if shes not mad at me then it must be something else.
"And who knows, maybe its just in your head and shes not really acting weird"
Thats a possibility too, but not with Ella. It doesn't matter how much she missed me, she would never be this polite to me.
"She said thank you to me"
Finns eyes get wide at this
"What? Really?"
He knows her almost as well as i do from spending so much time with her, so he knows shes a total emo bitch.
"Yeah, look" i hand him my phone and he scrolls through the messages, smiling a little to himself at our stupid way of talking. Then his eyebrows furrow
"Why does she keep asking where you are? You talked to her last night right?"
I didn't even notice it before, but she's asked where i am like 5 times today. Weird.
"Yeah i did, she knows we were in New Mexico. I dont know, maybe she's just worried"
"Yeah that's probably it"
"Im gonna text her"
Me- hey boo wassup? You've been acting kinda weird today, are you okay?
Surprisingly she doesn't respond for about 45 minutes
Ella-💘💓💖- yeah im okay
Me- no youre not. Whats wrong. Tell me bitch.
Ella-💘💓💖- im fine, really
Me- oh my fucking god, im not an idiot. Tell me whats wrong, or ill cut your dick off when i see you next
Ella-💘💓💖- kelsie im fine really
Me- im not gonna stop asking. So you may as well just get it over with and tell me u nimrod
She doesn't respond for about 20 minutes, which is super weird again. Why is she being like this?
Finn and I pull over at a ihop, because ive been begging for food for about an hour now.
I start to forget about how Ellas been acting and play a few rounds of tic tac toe with Finn, and of course i kick his ass.
"Wow. Thats my 8th win in a row. You really suck at everything" i say, tapping his nose with my finger.
All day ive been wanting to kiss him because hes so fucking adorable, and we havent kissed in a long time. But i dont want to rush things, and were not completely healed yet.
"Im letting you win out of pity. Youre kind of pathetic"
I gasp and put my hand over my heart
"I am hurt"
My phone buzzes and I practically jump on the table to get to it, knowing its Ella.
Ella💘💓💖- okay im gonna be honest. Ive been really sad because Jack and I broke up
My jaw drops open and i put my hand over my mouth.
"Whats wrong?" Finn asks worriedly, putting his hand on my knee. I hand him my phone and let him see the text for himself.
"What? They broke up? Why didn't Jack tell me?" He asks, pulling out his phone too.
But wait, Jack's absolutely head over heels in love with Ella, theres no way he would break up with her. They've been going really strong ever since they got back together, theres no way he'd dump her.
Me- what why?
"Im gonna call Jack real fast, hes probably upset right now, and im gonna see why he broke up with her" he says, kissing my cheek and walking to the bathroom, leaving me alone.
This is really weird. First of all, Jack breaking up with her. Why would he? I cant see any reason why he would, they were both so genuinely happy together.
Second, he didnt even tell Finn? Finn is his best friend, they tell eachother literally everything, and this is a pretty big deal. Yet somehow Finn didn't know.
Its all too confusing, i get a weird vibe from the whole situation. Thankfully my food comes, and i go ham on my pancakes.
Finn finally returns, after being gone for like 20 minutes.
"Oh thank god, i was starting to get worried. Is Jack okay?" I ask, wiping my face to get the choclate off my mouth.
Hes got a weird look on his face, and it doesn't help my nerves at all
"Jacks fine. Actually, hes out on a date with Ella right now"
What?
"What?"
I feel my heart fall out of my ass. This situation is creeping me out big time.
I pull out my phone, getting an idea.
I decide to text ellas 'old number' to see if she responds. If she really got a new phone and number, the text wouldnt go through.
But it did.
And even worse, she replied.
Me- hey boo wassup
Ella💘💓💖- currently on a date now if youll excuse me bitch im tryna eat
Thats Ella.
Which means.
The other one... is definitely not.