Darkest Secrets

A large gasp escaped from Mrs Lovett as she witnessed another body come falling to the floor with a back shuddering crack. This was the 5th one this evening! She was currently in the middle of butchering the 4th as of now and yet here Sweeney went again killing yet another much to her annoyance and frustration. They had a deal which they had set right from the very beginning, that each night Sweeney could kill off two or three bodies, only 4 at the most if he was in one of his moods but five was too much. Mrs Lovett was tired. Tired and exhausted because the evening rush tonight was weighing on her and even Toby wasn't helping her out much either. For some reason the boy seemed to be avoiding her. Or not listening when she asked him to do something.

As for Sweeney well she had no idea what had gotten into him tonight. She thought he would be a little happier now that he finally...had her...

Huffing in aggravation Mrs Lovett stepped away from her 'chopping' table in the bakehouse. She glanced at the corpse still lying there with only half of it's flesh still on the bone. She sighed arching her back to stretch it out a little and squeezing her eyes shut at the pain that shot through her spine. She wasn't getting any younger that was for sure and the fact that neither Toby or Sweeney were helping her out tonight was really grating on her. If she wasn't chopping up Sweeney's victims she was upstairs serving customers, she didn't get a break.

Wiping her sweaty brow with the back of her laced gloved hand she sighed again looking at the work that was still to be done. In someways she felt like crying. Even now with the fumes of the open oven fogging up her eyes with ash Mrs Lovett felt like having a little weep.....

But she didn't. There was a job to be done and customers to keep happy and so she would slave away until all was done. Maybe with the amount of meat she had now she wouldn't have to worry so much running out throughout the week, that is if Sweeney could hold back on killing his customers. Something must be bothering him tonight she was sure of it.

Cleaning her hands in a bowl of warm water that sat beneath the table she wiped her hands dry on the bloodstained apron she was wearing over her dress before walking towards oven. With all her might she closed the door with two hands locking it shut and brushing her hands down her apron to try and smoothen out the wrinkles.

The door to the bakehouse screeched open slowly making her jump in complete panic that it might be Toby. As soon as she spotted just who it was she sighed again this time in relief. Covering her hand over her chest Mrs Lovett calmed down her beating heart. "Ya can't do that to me Mr T, thought it was the boy for a moment"

Sweeney ignored her as he stepped in with the look of pure irritation on his face. He had to much on his mind to worry about Mrs Lovett telling him off. She could sense the tension in his eyes as he stared blankly at her...or past her she wasn't sure. Nevertheless she walked towards him anyway removing the dirty apron and throwing it onto a stall.

Meeting him at the door she placed her hands on her hips and pouted at him with a raised brow. He didn't even look at her his eyes were hard and sad and she could see he was caught up in his own little world...again. "What's wrong?" her blunt question caught him off guard and made him look at her finally. "Hmm?" she raised her eyebrow to him. Sweeney just looked at her his eyes showing nothing but a deep sadness in them.

"The judge" he grumbled lowly and turning his nose up as soon as he said his name. Mrs Lovett held back the need to scoff or roll her eyes for that matter. She thought he was past this. Thought that those days of revenge were slowly fading away, how wrong she was. It seemed that even after the heated, hot, steamy night they shared his mind was still focused on revenge and blood, Turpin's blood for that matter.

"What's the old fool done now?" She murmured not really caring while she patted Sweeney's arm to follow her out which he did hesitantly only watching in silence as she closed the iron door tightly behind them. As soon as she finished locking the door she looked at him with a raised brow as if to speak before heading back up her stairs of cold slaps. "Awful quiet dear" she bravely said hearing him too following her back up to the top of the stairs.